So as I head off for college I am getting a mac book for my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Pearl and Mac

Advertisement

So as I head off for college I am getting a mac book for my studies and am slightly worried about the connectivity of an 8100 with mac?

So the question is, should I be? Does Blackberry Desktop manager work with mac? and are there any problems I should know about or things to get in order to make the switch.

Also, any thoughts on the switch in general from PC to mac? Thanks! -Aber

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Pearl and Mac

Desktop manager doesn't work with mac. You can tether just fine with the bluetooth. Suggestion: Don't get the macbook, get the powerbook or whatever its called(the silver one) becuase the macbook breaks, easily. Mac's are very different. If you go to here: http://discussions.apple.com/categor...categoryID=218 and post something and the mac experts should be able to tell you some of the things about mac. If you have anymore questions from crabby me, just ask.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

dont worry about being able to connect your pearl on a mac , you can use the desktop manager for upgrading in a virtual desktop using parallels for mac you can easily get the program from their site , plus you can sync easily to your mac with pocketmac for blackberry its free , i have a macbook pro , the silver one the young lady gotpearl was speaking about and it works great , btw the bluetooth connection sucks the easiest way is as i said with parallels and install windows xp in a virtual desktop , or the other solution is and it works cool as well is bootcamp for mac its free from apple and you install that on a different partition and have windows and osx running on dual boot , all these solutions are open to you , if you have any probs pm me and i will always get back to you .

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

As the others said, it will work fine. I have a Macbook and they are solid, great machines. Treat it well and it will enhance your college experience.