Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Kortanis ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Wow, this is pretty brazen of At&t. Can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Pearl and GPS / blackberry maps?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wow, this is pretty brazen of At&t. Can anyone else collaborate this? This is the kind of thing I am expecting from wifi enabled phones also. Tmobile just launched its hotspot@home service and it sounds like a similar move.
    i'm running 1.96 and i have the bb maps app and it works fine. it didn't leave it out of my upgrade from rogers 1.94

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMLC
    I just posted a note on the AT&T BB Forum asking why BB Maps aren't available for AT&T network customers. I'll be interested to see what they have to say.
    Because it's restricted in your LBS.alx. Edit the file and you'll be fine (search for the instructions).

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3

I just tried to download the bbmaps application from the mobile.blackberry.com website and it failed. I saw the first message about AT&T and ignored it. Then the next screen says "Notice: Sorry, your wireless Service Provider does not allow access to Blackberry Maps for your device." No download no maps...

TravisMLC no está en línea Stack level 1

The trick seems to be modifying the LBS.alx file. There are instructions on Pinstack in a couple of places - I found it under a Curve thread. So far it seems to be working - I'll check in again if I have any further problems.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I posted a solution that uses the LBS.alx file in another current thread here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sappeared.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12