Well I think that my Pearl may have become possessed. The first thing that I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Pearl is acting up...no ring back...if I ignore the call it actually answers

Advertisement

Well I think that my Pearl may have become possessed. The first thing that I found out is that when someone calls me, they are unable to hear that it is ringing. There is just no sound. The calls do come through to my Pearl, but no one knows that they are actually able to get through to my phone.

The next thing I found out was that when I press to ignore a call, my Pearl is actually answering the call. It does not show on the Pearl that I have answered and just goes back to the home screen, but the person calling me can hear what is going on as though I had answered. I luckily found this out when I was calling myself to test to see if it was ringing back.

So someone, anyone...PLEASE HELP!
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Re: Pearl is acting up...no ring back...if I ignore the call it actually answers

have you recently installed any apps? Updated your software?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Pearl is acting up...no ring back...if I ignore the call it actually answers

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Callers not hearing your phone ring is not a phone problem.callers hear a tone generated by your network and not by your phone.call them.they will fix it.regarding your other problem, try a batt pull. which os are u running?maybe its time to do a os upgrade.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

I have not installed or changed anything at all.

I called AT&T and they had me on hold for quite a long time after I spoke with a customer service rep and I was waiting on Tech Support to examine the problem. I had people waiting for me at dinner at the time and had to get off the phone.

I also thought that maybe it was just a phone issue. I pulled my SIM and put it in another phone and tried to call it with the same result.

I guess if nothing else I am going to go to the AT&T store here tomorrow morning. They are great and normally help me a ton.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas