Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It seems the ball is slightly more recessed on my 8130 than my 8830. I've ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Naked Wife no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

It seems the ball is slightly more recessed on my 8130 than my 8830. I've swapped the track balls between them but the grainy feeling didn't go away on the Pearl. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Did you clean the connectors and house with alcohol? That has always seemed to help on both my wifes and my phones

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    If I see things get any worse with the ball I'll pop it open for a cleaning, but its all good for now.

Its good to know its not JUST the ball, but I can still are where people are coming from if they're used to the feel of another BB.

azepolyn no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just switched the trackball assemblies, ball and all, between an 8130 and an older 8830. It's night and day. I searched the web to see if other people have experienced the same, and came across this post

I'm going to venture to say it's likely not the ball itself, but the 4 pins as stated before. I did go ahead and swap my balls .. ahem .. but only because the 8830 ball was less opaque, more transluscent. I would also add, in an attempt to make the grooves that make the Pearls initially more responsive, seems to also be the source of why they stop responding so quickly. The "gripping pins" grip the dirt and crud from your fingers, then the pins just start slipping and not responding.

I feel sorry for the customers who's provider keeps feeding excusing or blaming it on software.

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    I bought a new trackball from blackberrytrackballs.com & it seems to have cured the problem. I can't wait for the storm to come out, then no more trackball issues...

vndlewis no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    pin:31a6
    I could not stand the grittiness. I took the one from my old 8100 and put it in my 8130. Boy what a world of difference it made.
    ~ vndlewis

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Hmm, I may look into a new ball, mine is gritty asd well but I've grown used to it.

jr!
    I'm having big time issues with my trackball. I don't think it's the trackball though, I believe it may be the connectors inside my 8130. I've put 2 different trackballs in & neither moves from left to right. I guess this means I'm getting a storm for sure now!

birdmanx15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same trackball prob except mine actualy locked up verizon sent me a new phone for free but its happening again I think it has to do sumthing with the rollers under the ball come on RIM u shouldn't have changed the setup!

jr!
    I wish they could somehow make it an optical trackball.

birdmanx15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Me to.but u gotta love cell makers I'm sure it was just cheaper to manufacture or some bs like that

jr!
    Maybe an aftermarket manufacturer could make one!

neo_descarte no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had my 8130 from telus for about 6 months when the track ball really started to act up. I finally couldn't take any more and when to my dealer. He did try cleaning it out, and it did help, but I was under my year, so we did the swap option. My device was in good shape, no water damage or anything. So thanks to RIM I have new cell (minus the battery and back plate)

if you warranty is up, you could try getting a new track ball assembly- many sites sell them, just Google bb parts.

*I'll see how the storm does in the next few months, if it holds out...I'll have to get one*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12