Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Still here thank God. Teh internal gps on usc doesnt seem to be very robust ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Still here thank God. Teh internal gps on usc doesnt seem to be very robust as you/we noticed. Make sure you have bbmaps on your new 8130 as it seems to be the only software package that initializes the internal gps(igps). That said, try the new version of google maps as that seemed to find my igps without starting bb maps(once anyway). Its definitely inconsistent on start up and lock. I have a golfing prog that wont find the internal gps at all, but connects with a puck well. I use it for golfing since pucks have been mentioned as being more accurate.
    Good luck. Going to ge tmyu wife a 8130 for her bday so it will be interesting to see if there is any change in os, gps etc.

portguy no está en línea Stack level 1
    OK. I'll give GoogleMaps on the 8130 a try (again). Mavbe there's been a GoogleMaps update since last time. The USC and BB Tech folks are really clueless. Half of them say this isn't even a known problem! (And the other half say it's well documented and that a fix ought to be coming sometime in the future-- big help, huh??!?)

And, what's a "puck" anyway?

Sorry, a puck is a bluetooth gps. The 8130 locks quite well with them. I got one since the internal gps isnt quite accreate enough for golf. ON the other hand , my golf program never recognized the internal gps, so had t get one anyway. If your not getting a fix with bb maps, you may/probably wont get one with google, however, the new google is newer. Make sure you try a soft reset , then bb maps/start/clear cache. Gps programs dont share well with other programs.
    again good luck. link enclosed is link to bluetooth pucks.
    http://www.semsons.com/bluetgpsrec.html

UPdate. I bought my wife an 8130 for her birthday, and sure enough, I cant get her gps to start unlike my device. So something has changed between Feb and now. I checked OS versions etc and cant find any difference. The good news is a gps bluetooth connects fine. But not not with both devices at same time. Its always something.

nicksentowski no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm with a local provider in Green Bay, WI called Cellcom. I have the exact same problems, but am unable to access using the clear cache command. I'm pissed. Why would Cellcom advertise the GPS wwwdotcellcomdotcom/personal/phones/compare_phones/phone_779f3e16ab4b if their own tech support doesn't know how to make it work?

jeffthehammer no está en línea Stack level 2
    I found this on another site and it got my GPS to lock onto satellites (not just triangulation from towers)

How to get your GPS to work for BlackBerry.pdf

Now it locks but sometimes google maps has a hard time initially finding sats. amAze GPS will find the sats no problem so I open amAze and after sat lock, close it and open google maps and voila.

ljmunz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Finally got the GPS to work in my 8130! I've had this phone for about 6 months and have never been able to lock on satellites.

I tried following the advice in the beginning of this post to no avail. I tried the pdf that jeff posted but ran into problems early on in those instructions. Luckily after a search I ran into this post which is pretty close to the same thing as the pdf although some information is different (use qpst 2.7.215 with the 8130, not 301 as the pdf says).

(Apparently I'm not able to post links yet, but if you search google for "real-fix-broken-gps-guide-v1-0-a-192999" you should find the tutorial)

Anyway, now my GPS is rockin and I'm so happy. Getting a sat lock within 15 sec indoors at work, woohoo!

neo_descarte no está en línea Stack level 1

Question needle in a hay stack...?

I followed this advice here, and I am stuck at finding my 6 digit write code in the hex workshop....

I upgraded to 4.5 and got a swap unite at the same time. then my GPS stopped working(not locking onto sats google bb maps GPSED anything)...finally I said no more! I want it back!

I am now on sprints .131 for the 8130 on Telus

so far so good in getting the GPS back....I just have no idea where to look for these numbers. am I blind? everything else is very stright forward...then it is just... open up hex and find your 6 digit write code... (??)

if someone can find it for me that would be great! I really want my GPS back

neo

ps- I called telus...they only help with their TELUS NAV GPS...anything else your S**** outta luck. (ha, he told me to do a bat pull!, please)

pss- maybe its late and i am very tired, and slightly annoyed, but only way i could up load my bin file was rename it txt - so change it back to .bin (....i hope that is allowed)
    Attached Files Attached Files

neo_descarte no está en línea Stack level 1
    Update* had to use win hex to search for my programing code. Found a youtube video. So I finally got my gps working!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jeffthehammer no está en línea Stack level 2
    I knew I forgot something. I had touse a different qpst.215 as well. After that it was easy. Also update your os. I find the GPS is locking faster now.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-20-2010, 08:09 AM