Hello All! I'm hoping someone can offer a fix or advise me on my problem. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

andypepper no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl 8130 and outlook sync problem

Advertisement

Hello All!
    I'm hoping someone can offer a fix or advise me on my problem. Just got a Verizon Blackberry Pearl 8130, Desktop operating system 4.3 and was so excited about syncing with Outllook calendar and contacts ... BUT we use Outlook 2000 at work (I know it's old, but there are 10 of us on this system which is working fine). Co-worker purchased a Blackberry Worldphone (8800 ?) several months ago and has no problems syncing, but I am unable to synch my Pearl with our version of Outlook. I have found out that OS 4.3 will not support Outlook 2000, but read that I need to use OS 4.3 for the USB cable drivers for my phone. Is this true? Will the Desktop OS 4.2 support Outlook 2000 and can I try the OS 4.2 without messing up my phone?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks for your help!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Pearl 8130 and outlook sync problem

There is no version of your device software (OS) version 4.2 that will load on your device. OS 4.3 was developed for the 8130. You might be able to use DM 4.2 to sync to you 8130, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it caused problems.

Sorry.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Actually, I disagree with Rcbjr - you probably can use DM 4.2 SP2 with a device running OS 4.3 - but I'd really love to (need to?) know if it DOES cause any problems.

4.2 SP2 is nicer because you can save TONS of time by downloading versions without Media Manager (which is a total waste IMHO). There are no versions of 4.3 available without Media Manager, although you can use a Custom Installation and choose to not install it.
    JerryD

Thank you both for replying. I am trying 4.2 sp2 and have been able to sync both the contact list and tasks, but my calendar won't sync in either direction (which of course is the application I purchased my blackberry for!) I'm sure it's a configuration issue, but not sure where to go from here.
    Do you think an earlier version would sync the calendar? I don't want to mess up the rest of the functions, but would really like to have my calendars sync. I've considered upgrading my Outlook to 2002 or 2003 since that supposedly will be supported, but need to be able to transfer calendar items with others in my office and don't want to change everyone's outlook version.

Any thoughts? Thank you again!!

rob@NIW no está en línea Stack level 1

Any ideas?

I went ahead and upgraded to Outlook 2002, but of course I am having problems with it, and can't find any Outlook-only service packs.

I'm debating about going back to Outlook 2000 and trying desktop 4.2 sp2.

Have the calender problems been resolved? Are you using XP?
    have you seen the latest posts at www.NextInWireless.com ?

rob - Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am using XP and still having calendar issues, however I'm going to upgrade to OUtlook 2003 in a couple of days. Will let you know how that goes.

Upgraded to Outlook 2003 and now can sync from my pc to my phone, but not the other way!! next step, tech support!

rob@NIW no está en línea Stack level 1

What a mess!

Maybe I will seriously look at changing my PIM client, if I can't solve this this week. I have really had it with the Outlook hassles.

I decided I want to get Outlook 2002 to work, rather than have to downgrade the BB desktop.
    My problems are that this new Outlook 2002 installation has Outlook not recognized as the default email client, and it's not able to lookup addresses from contacts...

Anyone know of a service pack for Outlook 2002 that is not just a security update? I cannot use an Office 2002 or 2003 service pack, since I use Office 2000. All the Outlook 2002 security updates say that the version of the software is unexpected and it can't install.

---------------------------
    have you checked out the latest posts on NextInWireless.com ?
    have you seen the latest posts at www.NextInWireless.com ?

kellenfire no está en línea Stack level 1

I have Verizon BB 8130, office 2003. OL'03 will not sync from my BB calendar. How can I get information to 'truly' sync? I go out in meetings all day, scheduling in my BB and then when I hook up the BB to my PC, the calendar doesn't upload. Any ideas or tricks? I've searched a few days on google and this site to no avail.

Thank you.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~start the desktop manager and go to synchronize, there you will setup which programs you use for syncing and you should be fine then

kellenfire no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by kellenfire View Post
    I have Verizon BB 8130, office 2003. OL'03 will not sync from my BB calendar. How can I get information to 'truly' sync? I go out in meetings all day, scheduling in my BB and then when I hook up the BB to my PC, the calendar doesn't upload. Any ideas or tricks? I've searched a few days on google and this site to no avail.

Thank you.
    Now, I am getting this when I try to sync: Intelisync -- Error Encountered. Error Code - 0x8004fd28 Check Documentation.

Also, when my Desktop manager connects to my computer, it resets mt phone.

My calendar is vital to my day to day.

tyia

J

JPBagley no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31798AFC
    I'm having the same problem as Kellen. I'm using a BB Pearl 8130 through Verizon and Outlook 2003 on WinXP. I've even had it set up on this particular computer before without problems, but had to reinstall due to outside issues.

Can someone give me a walkthrough to make sure this isn't an operator error? This is my first BB but as I said before, it has worked like a charm previously.

By the way, all my other syncs work fine (Address/Contacts, Notes, Tasks, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

edisrael no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been having the same problem with Outlook 2003 Calendar syncing. Contacts and tasks sync with no problem. Spoke with both Verizon and RIM, and they have not seen or heard of this problem and could not figure it out. Until last week I was using the 8830 with no problems at all.

Any suggestions?

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok for everyone that has an 8130 with verizon here is some info. i have a few personal friends that work at the escalation team for RIM. the 8130 HAD some serious calendar issues that have been fixed by the newest OS release. They recommend this.

upgrade to OS 4.3.0.97 device software
    Desktop Manager 4.3
    Windows XP SP2
    Outlook 2003 or higher

tdorland no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry intellisync error code 0x8004fd28

Quote Originally Posted by kellenfire View Post
    Now, I am getting this when I try to sync: Intelisync -- Error Encountered. Error Code - 0x8004fd28 Check Documentation.

Also, when my Desktop manager connects to my computer, it resets mt phone.

My calendar is vital to my day to day.

tyia

J
    This will fix the above error code:

The DM Log said:

Internal Error #-725
    Translation Canceled.

Couldn't find any reference to this error message anywhere, but applied the following workaround, which I found elsewhere, for Error 728. This worked - at least for now - altho comparing logs from before and after, I can't see what the issue might have been. Steps are below.

Moderators - is this solution generic enough to be posted to the DM FAQ?

Complete the following to fix:

1. Make sure BlackBerry Desktop Manager is closed.
    2. Locate the Intellisync folder on your computer. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\. If you can't find the Application Data folder, see note below.
    3. Rename the Intellisync folder (e.g., Intellisync_old).
    4. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    5. Connect your BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    6. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, double-click Synchronize, click the Configuration tab, and then click Configure synch. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, double-click Intellisync, and then click Configure PIM.
    7. Configure your synchronization options. For assistance, click Help on the Device Configuration window.
    8. When have finished configuring the synchronization options, click OK to close the Device Configuration window.
    9. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, click the Synchronize tab, make sure the Synchronize organize data check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, make sure the Synchronize PIM check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now.
    A new Intellisync folder is created.

Note:
    If the Application Data folder cannot be located, the folder may be hidden. To make this folder visible, complete these steps:

1. While viewing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>, click Tools > Folder Options.
    2. Click on the View tab.
    3. Select the Show hidden files and folders option under Hidden files and folders.
    4. Click OK.