Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you find the version of your os system? How important is os system ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

A_New_Beginning no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl 8130

Advertisement

How do you find the version of your os system? How important is os system for this kind of phone? Do I need to install the software provided to me by Verizon for this phone to work efficiently? If yes, after installing what do I do with it?

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Re: Pearl 8130

Go to Options and the About. The OS is one of the newest so there is no reason to have to install another one for some reason. Installing the Desktop Manager is a good idea though. Just allows for easy management for applications and whatnot.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

from main screen typing (with ALT button hold down (bottom left button)) RACE. You'll get some nifty info up. You only need to press the buttons once.ALT + ER + AS + CV + ER.

Nice to know in you in the future need a shortcut for pin, free memory or such.

Sohryu76 no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone had any luck getting videos converted to play on the 8130?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

Quote Originally Posted by Sohryu76 View Post
    Has anyone had any luck getting videos converted to play on the 8130?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sure have! I LURVE my BusyBerry!

What does it mean, when I pressed RACE it says I have 0 files free and file total is 50462720? I have not even install anything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    from main screen typing (with ALT button hold down (bottom left button)) RACE. You'll get some nifty info up. You only need to press the buttons once.ALT + ER + AS + CV + ER.

Nice to know in you in the future need a shortcut for pin, free memory or such.

vsp1140 no está en línea Stack level 2

Ahh.. man.. sounds like you have the dreaded "Memory Leak" issue... Cut the phone off and pull the battery out and it should reset. To answer your original question, The new ALLTEL OS has just been released, here is some instructions: Oh and incase you ask, its ok if you have a different service provider other than ALLTEL

Thank to REDFLEA over at hofo for the instructions

Adding instructions for folks who need them...tkorpi - maybe you can cut/paste this into your initial post in this thread...

The 4.3 device original OS is out for Alltel Pearls, or any 8130 CDMA BlackBerry.

This is not for a 8100 Pearl.

* Applications: 4.3.0.81
    * Software Platform: 3.1.0.40
    * File name: 8130uEFS_PBr4.3.0_rel149_PL3.1.0.40_A4.3.0.81_Allt el.exe
    * File size: 95.6MB

https://www.blackberry.com/Download...B03923A1C591DB4

Select Blackberry 8130 from the dropdown and click Next. Then click the "Download" link that appears at the bottom of the page.

Instructions for installing on any CDMA 8130 from any carrier:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed. It's 4.2 SP2, or Version 4.3, and can be downloaded Click Here. or from the Verizon site linked above.
    2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
    3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."

If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.

vsp1140 are you talking to me about having a memory leak...what exactly is a memory leak?

Is the update for my Verizon Pearl too?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

A_New_Beginning,

You need to start by eliminating some applications that you don't need. You should start by downloading and installing on your PC, the current Device Software for you device. Use the link for your carrier from this thread, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites. Then you need to connect your BB to the PC and Open Desktop Manager. Once it has indicated that it is connected, open Application Loader and look at the list of Core Applications it wants to install. Uncheck any of the language applications you don't need and any other item you don't plan on using. If you don't know what the Item does, don't delete yet.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Do I have to reactivate my phone after the upgrade?
    Last edited by A_New_Beginning; 01-06-2008 at 10:44 PM.

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Quote Originally Posted by A_New_Beginning View Post
    Do I have to reactivate my phone after the upgrade?
    I have done two upgrades on my Pearl 8130 (Verizon) since Wednesday and I did not have to contact my BES Admin to re-activate on BES. It did it automatically. I'm not sure if this is a timing thing as I did the initial activation on Wednesday afternoon, did an upgrade Thursday morning, and another OS upgrade tonight. Each time after the OS upgrade/install was completed, the BES Activation started automatically and completed without a glitch.

However, when I upgraded my 8703e, I did not have an issue with reactivation of BES, but I also had to BIS accounts set up and you need to resend service books to the device after upgrade. Otherwise, you can receive email, but when you try to reply, the device/BB will state it is sending from "UNKNOWN" account.

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

Cool. I'm about to get the ALLTEL OS for my Sprint Pearl! Gotta stay up2date (remember RedHat) LOL.

JE
    !

I'll try that on mine right now and see what happen. Just got my phone last week Wednesday too.

Hardrive no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CDAE51

What is the advantage of using the Alltel update?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast