I am having a couple of different problems about my phone. First of all, i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mblakev no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl 8100 Problems/Concerns

Advertisement

I am having a couple of different problems about my phone. First of all, i keep getting an sos icon where my service is and it says i have a sim card error. Every time this happens i have to take my battery out, open the sim card latch and clean it. It happens about two times a day and it gets really tedious and annoying. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how to stop it from happening.

Okay on to the next problem (also the last one). The back cover on my pearl keeps falling off. On the inside of the back cover some of the plastic peg like things that hold the battery cover in have broken off. Also, the silver plastic latch in between those two gold things all the way towards the bottom fell out along with the spring under it. So i am wondering if i can buy some replacement parts because i really like my pearl and dont want to get a new phone. If noone knows the parts im talking about i can take pics but i think ill need help posting them.

Im sorry for the length of my post but im kind of mad about this (and it doesnt hep that my pistons are losing right now). I appreciate all the help and thank you. I would like to keep my pearl.

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    What os do u have? I had the sos problem when i had 4.2.1.96 and for the latch door u can get one from seido.com. Mine broke too so i bought one from there. I can't remember the site that sells parts like that spring and the gold things but i'll post it when i find it.

PIN/ID

Oh i have os 4.2.1.96 on att is there anywhere i can get a new os or would you recommend downgrading?

PIN/ID
    This is the newest os. 4.2.1.109 https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

Do you know how to upgrade your os?When you go to that link, click the drop down menu and select blackberry pearl 8100 smartphone. Then hit next. Scroll down and click on download under 4.2.1.181(multilanguage)
    Last edited by tylerscott20; 05-30-2008 at 11:52 PM.

great thank you for all the help and i think i can manage the software update through the desktop manager. Thanks Again

PIN/ID
    Just make sure you delete the vendor.xml file since it's from a different carrier and from there you should be set

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ebay is another good source for OEM parts.

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i used to get the SOS only because if u drop your pearl on accident the SIM card would be working for like 10 seconds and then it will show up SOS so if you drop your phone alot, that might be your problem