OK, the s/w on this site is a 'couple' of releases behind, and I can't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Swiss Admiral no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Pearl 8100 or Curve 8300 - which one?

Advertisement

OK, the s/w on this site is a 'couple' of releases behind, and I can't figure out (i.e. the options to do it aren't apparent) how to post a Poll (after having been a Admin & Moderator on another site which uses the same, only newer s/w), so I'll just have to ask the question and hope to get answers from you guys.

Questions: "Given the choice, free of charge, which handset would you choose off the bat? A Pearl 8100, or a Curve 8300?"

Looking for pros and cons of both so I can make an informed decsion when I choose mine on Friday this week.

Thanks in advance for any input Stackers!
    "So tell me, what gave away the fact that I'm a Luddite?"

"Oh not much...but your undying profession of faith in quills and ink may have clinched it..."

Question Re: Pearl 8100 or Curve 8300 - which one?

OK, can anyone link me up with an impartial review of the two: 8100 versus the 8300 ?

"Oh not much...but your undying profession of faith in quills and ink may have clinched it..."

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Pearl 8100 or Curve 8300 - which one?

I'd go to a place that has both phones. Hold each one and see which feels better in your hands. Compare keyboards, screen size, input styles, anything...side by side. The features of the 2 phones aren't really that different.

Was gonna give you some rep there mate, but "gotta spread it around" a bit before I can!

Sound advice - just thought there might be readily available/accessible reference material on an impartial comparison.

Does anyone miss both devices not having neither WiFi nor 3G ?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Admiral
    OK, the s/w on this site is a 'couple' of releases behind, and I can't figure out (i.e. the options to do it aren't apparent) how to post a Poll (after having been a Admin & Moderator on another site which uses the same, only newer s/w), so I'll just have to ask the question and hope to get answers from you guys.

Questions: "Given the choice, free of charge, which handset would you choose off the bat? A Pearl 8100, or a Curve 8300?"

Looking for pros and cons of both so I can make an informed decsion when I choose mine on Friday this week.

Thanks in advance for any input Stackers!
    I don't believe the software is a couple releases behind...it is a setting to keep just 'anybody' from starting a poll. I don't wanna think about how many polls would be started everyday with 400 shy of 200,000 registered stackers. And yes if you were an admin & moderator on another site you can start polls, as they can here. Are you admin or mod here?

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    I don't believe the software is a couple releases behind...it is a setting to keep just 'anybody' from starting a poll. I don't wanna think about how many polls would be started everyday with 400 shy of 200,000 registered stackers. And yes if you were an admin & moderator on another site you can start polls, as they can here. Are you admin or mod here?
    Mate, thanks for hijacking the thread, and I'm not going get into it with you here, as I've far too much info I need to get which is relevant to the reason I joined the boards.

Suffice to say: the current release of the board's software (being used here) skins, board layout, available/features to the average user, ability/choice to make your profle your own here is limited (this would suggest, knowing what I know, that the latest release of the avaialbe s/w is not being used) - now I understand that that might be a conscious decision by the board's owners, but still doesn't detract from the fact that polls are not available to the average user...which was my point.

As for me being an Admin/Mod here - look at my join date, number of posts etc...what do you think? My point being that I'm aware that giving users the ability to set a poll is an available function of this board's s/w - on other sites (non-BB related but still using this s/w) you don't have to be a Admin/Mod to be able to set a poll.

Now calm down and stop being so defensive.

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm going with the 8320 when TMO USA gets it at the end of the month. I have an 8100, but the keyboard is a bit small for my fingers and I HAVE to have the wifi. If the 8320 is available where you are .. check it out. See what fits you best. The 8300 doesn't have wifi.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Didn't know I was hijacking the thread, simply replying to the unnessary comment you made (if you would have started a thread about how you can't post polls/software being old etc. I would have posted there) sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    Didn't know I was hijacking the thread, simply replying to the unnessary comment you made (if you would have started a thread about how you can't post polls/software being old etc. I would have posted there) sorry.
    I'm sure you'll get over it.

goodness no está en línea Stack level 1

i'm waiting for the Tmo curve for the following reasons:

1. full qwerty keyboard
    2. WIFI
    3. larger screen

i've done my own polling of pearl users and many moan about the keyboard.

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I say you should get an iphone...

Smile Re: Pearl 8100 or Curve 8300 - which one?

Quote Originally Posted by skunk22civic
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I say you should get an iphone...
    Thanks

But I'll wait unitl they have an iPod's 160 Gig's worth of capability AND all the toys (Web, WiFi, UMTS, GPRS, 3 & 4G, EDGE, MP3 & 4, Bluetooth etc.) and not the paultry 8 gig they have today...mind you, still more than any BB

Oh, and a battery which lasts 4 weeks even when you're caning it would be good to!

I know, I know...I'm not asking for much

burky no está en línea Stack level 2

id say the pearl for the size, i had a treo 750 which i loved but once i got the pearl i was done with big phones

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by burky
    id say the pearl for the size, i had a treo 750 which i loved but once i got the pearl i was done with big phones
    I agree with the above post, I have the Pearl, and love it. Love the small size...

But... you might just as well post a thread asking people if they prefer vanilla or chocolate. What someone else prefers won't have much to do with what YOU'LL prefer.

These to devices, as far as I know (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) have basically the exact same features... MP3 player, camera, push mail, etc.

Some people like a small device, easier to carry around, others will deal with a larger device, and gain the benefit of a larger screen and qwerty keyboard... only you know which you'd prefer!

(YOu might want to wait for a bb with wifi, again, if you feel YOU will use it!)

Not sure if this helps.. as someone else suggested, go to a shop and handle both of them. Also, most places (if you're in the U.S.) give you a couple of weeks where you can return it if you're really unhappy.