Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

twotone, welcome to the stacks. let us know how it goes... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Pearl 8100 No Sound! HELP!

Advertisement

twotone, welcome to the stacks.
    let us know how it goes
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

TWOTONE no está en línea Stack level 1

i am calling tmobile

Waterdog no está en línea Stack level 1

pri22 no está en línea Stack level 1

SPEAKER WORKS but phone is silent on regular mode

I am facing the same issue, Its been two months since i got this one...its from T-Mo...tried hard reset..any solutions please.

LindaUbik no está en línea Stack level 1

Glad to see I'm not alone. Went to T-Mobile last night. I had already pulled the battery. They said they couldn't help me in the store because I had a "data device." They called the service center for me. They called the prepaid section first and I sat on hold for 10 minutes. Then the prepaid-lady transferred me to the contracts section where I was on hold for another 10 minutes. Then it disconnected and I got to start over. I was a little cranky. When I finally talked to a human being who could help me, she was very nice. However, the ONLY solution she offered was to run "application loader" which apparently wipes the phone clean. Since I have not backed up my phone on the computer yet, I have to do that first. If anyone has any other insights, I'd be delighted to hear them.

coolhandl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pearl 8100 No Sound! HELP! - Resolved

After much frustration from TMO support and looking online, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
    I had the same exact circumstances as mentioned previously:
    • I took out the battery several times
    • I hard booted the device
    • I Reloaded the software mutliple times

Nothing worked and my warranty ran out about 30 days ago

I took apart my Pearl and found that the contacts between the speaker in the handset and the motherboard were dirty. I cleaned them vigoursly and bent them out to make better contact, wha la I have sound.

I offer no warranty here, do this at your own risk.
    • Remove the battery cover and battery
    • Take out the two screws at the top of the phone from the back
    • Pry the plastic piece below the number pad off starting on the front side and then again on the back, two more screws will be revealed
    • Remove those screws
    • Pry the side pieces off from the back with a small screw driver
    • Pry the side clips open on the sides of the phone (4 of these)
    • Pry the top clips open at the top of the phone (2 of these)
    • Pull it all apart, clean it, bend it and put it back together. PS the mute button kinda falls off, there is a small plastic knob on the back cover of the phone you need to slide the rubber connected to the mute button over it
    For me this worked, I had to clean it a few times in order to get good contact. My next step was to solder it if this didnt work which seemed fairly easy.

Hope this helps.

susi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e1aa1c

Smile Re: Pearl 8100 No Sound! HELP!

Thank you! I also had tried everything included new OS, removing battery multiple times, etc. to solve the problem of no internal sound but speakerphone was fine. Followed the instructions for taking apart the BlackBerry and cleaning and bending the contacts for the speaker and wa la! I now have sound again.
    Susi in the Valley of the Sun

acallan1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pearl 8100 No Sound! HELP! - Resolved

I tried Coolhandl's tips and was unsuccessful despite the same symptoms (speakerphone/bluetooth headset work fine, no sound from ear piece). It seems like the tiny speaker located on the inside on the front case just underneath the ear holes was bad as it worked as soon as I put another front plate with a functioning ear piece speaker.

This actually happened to my first 8100 which they happily replaced but then I broke the screen on the replacement and it was almost as cheap to just buy another phone on eBay so I did that. Then it happened again and since I didn't have a warranty I fixed it myself with spare I had from the broken phone.

If this happens to you try the warranty approach first unless you're desperate to save your current settings that can't be backed up. If the cleaning suggested by earlier posts doesn't work you should be able to buy a new speaker handset or just a new front plate and you should be good to go.

This video on how to replace the screen has nice instructions on how to open the case, you just need a you have a Star/ Torx T6 screwdriver (at least that's the type of screws in mine): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxMmsrnwfU

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by acallan1; 07-07-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12