Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I can't seem to get my sound back on my pearl any ideas? I've tried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

groovin2dabe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C2D28

Question Pearl 8100 No Sound! HELP!

Advertisement

I can't seem to get my sound back on my pearl any ideas? I've tried the mute key on the top of the phone I got nothing. Is there a keyboard bI noticed b/c the letters o & p on the keypad have a sound icon. I've also checked all my setting in my profile settings and there all set to sound with all levels at 5 volume. The only thing I can think of is I tried using The video encoding software called Super last night, that might be the issue please help. I hate just vibrate!
    Last edited by groovin2dabe; 12-03-2006 at 02:42 AM.

groovin2dabe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C2D28

Re: Pearl 8100 No Sound! HELP!

I figured it out on my own just remove the battery for 30 seconds to hard reboot the phone.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

I'm sure that's the first thing that would have been suggested.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Have you done your software upgrade? This addresses the no sound known issue.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi groovin, welcome to pinstack. The infamous battery pull solves many problems.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

groovin2dabe, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

east high no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello. This is my first BB. Had it for less than two days and already dealing with the no sound issue.

I've been to the blackberry site and noted their 'steps' to losing the sound on the 8100. I didn't follow these steps and I still lost the sound. I've tried hard booting the thing again and again to no avail. I've also upgraded the firmware to .64 and, just now, .67 with no luck either.

Guess I'll call T-Mo tech support, tell 'em my woes for a half hour and hope they'll give me the go ahead to exchange it. Also hope the next phone won't have this issue.

All I can hope for is that enough noise will be generated over this issue that the folks at RIM will create a *real* fix and stop relying on the phone equivalent of the old NES trick of blowing on the cartridge and trying again.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Welcome to you. sorry to hear your probs on your first bb. they work great I promise. keep us up to date with your issue. thanx
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

kayos is right. the pearl is still fairly new, meaning its bound to have issues. i always wait 6 months to get a new phone (new anything) just so i know bugs will be fixed. Blackberries are great devices, wont find anything more relaible. stick around!

east high no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys, don't worry. I'll be sticking around. I really like the 8100; it just bums me out that the core function of any phone (the ringer) isn't working. And, that it's happening on such a large scale. I'm sure it will get sorted soon enough.

I, too, try to hold off for a while when a new gadget comes out that I really want, but I decided to hop on this deal for two reasons: my old phone was really starting to give out on me, and I got this 8100 for $49.00 + a $50.00 rebate, so it was hard to pass up.

Let's try to keep this issue open so we can get is solved.

Thanks,
    GD

FreeAgent no está en línea Stack level 1

this morning the sound on my pearl crapped out. all speaker functions are working -- calls on speaker work, ringtones, voice commands, etc, but there is no sound when i put the phone up to my ear. anyone have this problem? unfortunately i bought this phone unlocked on ebay, and it's branded tmobile and i'm using it on a cingular plan, so no warranty recourse that i'm aware of....any ideas? thanks!

kaihawki no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the exact same issue. All "SPEAKERPHONE" capabilities are fine. However, when I put my ear to the phone I can't hear anything except for a few VERY MUTE noises from the caller on the other end.

Any suggestions aside from the battery removal?

Thanks.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

welcome to the stacks,
    do the batt pull it wil not hurt anything!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

DOCRAY no está en línea Stack level 2

Add me to the list. SPEAKER WORKS but phone is silent on regular mode.
    Very sad.

TWOTONE no está en línea Stack level 1

I currently am having the exact same problem and am tryin the battery removal solution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast