Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by reddog187 Putting tape over the sensor would make the backlight be on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JakePreZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pearl 8100 keypad back light question

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Putting tape over the sensor would make the backlight be on constantly. Since the sensor would sense it being dark all the time. So not the best idea.

You could pop out the trackball and put a small piece of electrical tape over the white LED in there. That would be your best bet. But remember that's going to still drain your battery.
    Ya i just found that out haha. I didn't really want to make it permanent so Im probably not gonna do that. Oh well i guess im stuck with it...
    Unless there is an incredibly micro size light out there that i could just stick overtop of the sensor without the blackberry looking horrible...
    you know of anything?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

sorry man...I gave up the color pearl app when I upgraded. It was a battery drain and served no real purpose other than being flashy.

JakePreZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    sorry man...I gave up the color pearl app when I upgraded. It was a battery drain and served no real purpose other than being flashy.
    Lol, ya its true but i dont mind charging it a little more often. I just like to see somthing that looks good. Im a salesman for Rogers Wireless and see every new phone out there all the time. Its the best looking one. But I want the LG Voyager. Only problem is I live in BC Canada and have to order it from the US and its a pain in the *** ordering from another country and from people you dont know. hmm.

slikmastah no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242DC61A

I also would like to turn off the keypad light. For many reasons. I like to watch videos and when I watch in the dark, that trackball light is so bright as well as the keypad. Also, reading at night, same problem. I was thinking, if the BBlight application can force the lights on, then wouldn't tweaking it make it possible to turn it off? How hard is it to change an application like that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12