Hello I dropped my blackberry but nothing happened to it physically. However, now my keypad ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

abcanada no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Pearl 8100 - Keypad and tracerball not working

Advertisement

Hello

I dropped my blackberry but nothing happened to it physically. However, now my keypad and trackerball or any of the keys on the phone are not responding. Hence, even if a call comes in, I cannot pick it up or mute or anything!!!

When I do the battery reset, it comes up and saves checking settings, etc and stuff and then same thing!! none of the keys, trackerball are working.

It does connect with the Desktop Manager...... and I did a backup of my data. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade the OS!! Can anyone give me any suggestions that would help??

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Re: Pearl 8100 - Keypad and tracerball not working

Does the phone have any signs of damage? Cause what I would do is just take it to the store and tell them something went wrong and see what they say. You might get a warranty exchange or if you have insurance they will replace it for you.

Tough to say what caused that. I have had phones that worked well then all of a sudden stopped even though I had never dropped or done anything to them. So I would definitely get that checked out at a retail store and see what they say!

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

always consider warranty / insurrance before doing a OS upgrade, which might void your warranty.

I'll provide you the links once you have

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I would do an OS upgrade first then a warranty exchange.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

But do OS upgrades void your warranty! But what if the service provider doesn't have an upgrade to the OS that is currently running on their phone? I would just take a little time tomorrow to drop in and say hey phone not working please fix this I think its defective!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have never gotten my warranty voided due to an OS upgrade. Rogers Wireless has the latest OS for the 8100 (not to be confused with the 8110 or 8130).

abcanada no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks everyone

I actually did goto the Connection provide (ROGERS), downloaded the software and did an OS upgrade. It was giving problems so I just left it for a day......... but then i picked it up and it was working, so I tried to restore my data since i lost all my numbers.... however, when i did that the problem came back!! its really strange and confusing!!

anyone has anu ideas to try anything else?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

hmm there might be some currupted data in your bakup which makes your phone go fubar.
    I would re-install OS again and do a selective restore

Its a long shoot, but in the end you'll figure out which step(s) what makes the phone crash.