Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hello investore: I do a similar thing by syncing my laptop and my desktop but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Re: Pearl 8100+IMac=Woe Is Me

Advertisement

hello investore:

I do a similar thing by syncing my laptop and my desktop but they are both macs.
    I don't see why you can't. However, Pocket Mac is only for the Mac. Therefore you would need to sync your work PC to BB using the BB desktop sync program and then sync on the Mac at home with Pocket Mac. The BB itself shouldn't care which program is doing the syncing. The sync software is simply a vehicle to synchronize a computer to the BB contacts, tasks, notes etc.

However, just like you wanted to have all of your work contacts on your home Mac, you will end up with your personal contacts on your work PC.

ddriscoll13 no está en línea Stack level 2

Im going to be going to mac here shortly and was wondering if all of my apps will be directly transfered without any problems?

investore no está en línea Stack level 1

iMacj, thanks. yeah i figured it wouldnt be an issue syncing both my MAC and PC with the BB. I just download PocketMac, hope it's easy to use!
    InveSTORE.net
    In Foreclosure?
    Need 2 Sell?
    No Equity?

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

I saw the above BB <> Entourage sync was successful. Will that work for syncing the BB with Apple's "Address Book" and iCal?

More worryingly: have any of you been able to get around the fact that there is, from what I've heard, no way to upgrade your BB OS without access to Windows? I'm concerned if something goes wrong the requires BB OS upgrading/updating, I won't be able to fix it.

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Yes! Zentient. ou can sync with Apple's address book and iCal.
    However, you can even transfer the entire Apple Address book over to your BB via bluetooth.

Thanks iMacj. Since my last post, I've managed to use the beta version of MissingSync (for Blackberry) to sync calendars, contacts and tasks. It already works like a dream. The frightening stories about PocketMac have scared me off, and since I've used MissingSync before, I took the plunge.

niknud no está en línea Stack level 2

There is a significant component missing from pocket mac that you have in the windows world and that is "backup / Restore."

I am a Mac user and switched to a Pearl from the Treo 2 weeks ago and have been dealing with iMap / BES / BIS / Desktop sync issues / discussions and doing research extensively the last 2 weeks to get my head around the limitations and the work arounds for my situation.

yesterday I was on the phone with cingular and RIM for 2 hours and I did confirm with RIM that indeed there is nothing for the MAC by RIM or 3rd party [Mark Space's new Missing Sync for BB does not provide a Back up restore feature either] that provides a Backup / Restore for the device. So any settings [profiles, 3rd party apps, Bookmarks, RSS feeds, etc,] can not be backed up in any situation for a Mac user.

The Treo, i had a nightly back up to my SD card of this, I can't believe no one has done it for the BB as there is more to the phone than just contacts and AB [which i have backed up via BES.]

So ddricol13 - this is a huge shortcoming in the switch to apple in the BB environment. That said, the rest of your computing life will be pure bliss!!!!

niknud, that matches my understanding of the current situation. However, I've used MissingSync in the past: their Mac to Palm version does backups; so hopefully the update to the first, post-beta version of MSync for Blackberry will include Backup.

niknud no está en línea Stack level 2

zentient, you are correct that the missing sync did have a back up restore for the palm to mac. However, persoanlly, I had just a terrible experience with their software.

Nothing ever fully or trully sync'd. I had no confidence in any sync's what so ever. I would rotate my SD cards from my nightly backups to my SD card so I always had at least a week old back up at home and just stopped trying to sync my info with my computer.

Thus, my switch to BES and the BB. I finally have instant sync'ing of my contacts and calendar - no wires, no nonsense.

Of course now I am struggling with e.mail since I lost chattermail and my iMap connections and now I am wrestling with that.

The devil you know vs. the devil you don't know I guess.

I'll make it work for me eventually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12