Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Good Hey gang~longtime BB/RIM fan. At work they jammed a Treo 650 down my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

NYC108 no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl 8100+IMac=Woe Is Me

Advertisement

The Good
    Hey gang~longtime BB/RIM fan. At work they jammed a Treo 650 down my throat and hey, I'm not hatin', I just really prefer BB. Finally got them to spring for a Pearl 8100 (on a PC at work) and of course, love it. Leaving my job today and starting my own biz. Got my own Pearl 8100 for the new gig.

The Bad
    Downloaded PocketMac. Mucho error mssg's. No synch. Called BB support. Bumped over to RIM support. 2.5 hrs later, tech couldn't figure it out. Next night, back on with RIM support. 1 hr later tech says I have "A known issue". Nothing to be done. He says "Fix should be in the next version of PocketMac".

The Ugly
    Find a link to The Missing Synch. Download and run. Kind of sketchy. Won't bring over my contacts from Entourage. Not all numbers complete.

Oh man~what now? Is there any BB product on the market that works with Imac? Or do I have to *shudder* go back to Palm/Treo? I don't need tons of bells and whistles. I'm in PR. I send lots of emails and txt mssgs and need to catch excel and word.docs.

Thanks for any suggestions, I really appreciate it.

Feeling Like My 'Berries Been Crushed,

~Dana

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Re: Pearl 8100+IMac=Woe Is Me

Congrats on your new business!

I am using Pocket Mac Sync Manager ver 1.08 to sync my Pearl with my iMacG5 and iBookG4. I use MS-Office and I am syncing Entourage specifically.

Sometimes you get the USB charging warning. Just hit the escape key and ignore it.
    If you see the request for using Mass Storage answer NO!!!
    I can not sync while Mass Storage is in use.

This assumes of course you have installed a micro SD Card. If you did and you do not see the question to turn on Mass Storage when you plug into your Mac that means you have it set to YES ALWAYS in your options and you need to change that to ASK.

Make sure you click on the BB icon ans set up all of your sync options. Specifically whether you want 2-way sync or the BB or computer to overwrite the other.

When you click the green sync iCon if nothing happens hit cancel and unplug the USB cable and plug it back in again. Yesterday I had to do this 3 times before it worked.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Yah, it can be a little tricky but it works. Make sure you open Pocketmac before you plug your Pearl into the usb port. Then, as previously said, say "no" to mass storage. If you do things in the correct order it should work no problem. Good luck!

Okay, re-downloaded PocketMac V.4 from the blackberry dot com site
    Running OS X, 10.4.8
    Entourage V. 10.1.4.
    No micro SD card.
    Can't locate an "options" in which to select "ask" in Mass Storage.
    Opened PM before I connected BB via USB cable.
    Synched.
    Received error mssg: "Warning: Could not locate MS Entourage Office Synchronization Tools".

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the fast replies, I really appreciate your help.

PIN/ID
    3070F784

Yes.
    You can not locate the mass Storage option because you don't have a micro SD Card installed. I wasn't sure if you did or not.

I am also running OS X 10.4.8 but Office 2004 with Entourage 11.3.3.
    Check in your MS-Office for updates; while in Entourage, click help, check for updates. It is one difference between our setups.

Also, when I select about PocketSync Manager it says ver 1.0.8

For some reason I can not get it sync when using a hub. I have to go directly into a USB connector on the computer.

You'll get there. :-)

PIN/ID
    3070F784

One more thing. When I look under Preferences in Entourage and click, 'sync services' everything is UNchecked. Possibly to let PocketMac take over? Not sure but another setting to check.

Okay, I'm Trying!

Check in your MS-Office for updates; while in Entourage, click help, check for updates. It is one difference between our setups.

I'm running MS Office X. I went to Microsoft dot com slash mac, sorry~not sure what to download from here...

PIN/ID
    3070F784

Re: Okay, I'm Trying!

Like I mentioned I am running MS-Office 2004 not Office X.
    That's 2 versions back. Office 2001 came after X.

You need Entourage 10.1.6 or higher.

http://www.pocketmac.net/products/pm...rry/index.html

PIN/ID
    3070F784

Re: Okay, I'm Trying!

With MS-Office 2008 for Mac on the horizon, time to hit ebay for a cheap deal on Office 2004. Cmon man! You're in business now! No time to waste on this nonsense!
    LOL!
    Sorry, when I saw your version of Entourage I suggested you upgrade. I didn't see what version of MS-Office you were running until your last post.

Look on the bright side. You weren't doing anything wrong. Now you'll be an expert. :-)

Touchdown!

Quote Originally Posted by iMacj

You need Entourage 10.1.6 or higher.
    And just like that, now I'm synched. Everything there.

Wow. Thank you so very much.

Really.

MS Office

Quote Originally Posted by iMacj
    With MS-Office 2008 for Mac on the horizon, time to hit ebay for a cheap deal on Office 2004. Cmon man! You're in business now! No time to waste on this nonsense! LOL!
    Good point!

Hey, I don't want to step on your toes so just don't answer if you don't want to. I've had ilisten voice recognition software sitting here for 3 weeks. Cannot get it to work w/my imac.

Do you know any boards like this, but imac dedicated where someone as knowledable and helpful as yourself might be able to lend a hand?

The ilisten techs are stupified already that it won't run.

PIN/ID
    3070F784

Re: MS Office

No Sweat! You're not stepping on my toes. I came here seeking BB support just like yourself. Some things helpful some still unanswered. And shovel needed for some of what I have heard. LOL!
    ....and thanks for the compliment. It's been all trial and error, (MANY errors :-) ) learning for me.

If you go to the Apple site. Click Support, Discussions, it's the best Apple related tech info I have ever found. Click Log-in on the right and you can create a free account just like you did here.
    Good Luck!

IMac Support

Great, thanks for pointing me in that direction.

And hey, thanks again~I'm very grateful for your help.

If I can ever repay the favor...
    ...conceptdna.net

All the best,

Dana

PIN/ID
    3070F784

Re: IMac Support

For some reason I saw the question about the other boards but never saw your success posting until tonight. ??? Who knows. Sometimes I post things here and don't see them for a while.

That's GREAT NEWS! Glad I can help. You are VERY welcome!
    The only payback is to pay it forward. Someday you will have an answer for someone else who's stuck. Regardless of where that is.
    Looks like you are on to a unique and promising business there. Wish you all the best!

Great talking to you.

investore no está en línea Stack level 1

I use both my PC at work, and my MAC at home. Can i sync all three? The problem I'll have, is i want to be able to save my contacts from work, and bring them home to my home MAC, and then do the same with my personal contacts on my MAC. Is this possible with PocketMAC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast