Thanks the help so far. All of my questions have been answered quickly and carefully. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Pearl Handle no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl 8100 Email folders

Advertisement

Thanks the help so far. All of my questions have been answered quickly and carefully. I expect I'll be asking a few more though so here goes with the next one.
    When I receive an e-mail it puts a copy in the folder relatimg to that particular e-mail address but it also puts a copy in the messages folder along with all the SMS's. This makes the messages folder a bit crowded and also seems like a waste of space. Is there any way to prevent this duplication and just have the mails come into only their respective folders? Also, is it possible to set up 'message rules' like in Outlook where particular e-mails can be filed into different folders automatically?
    Thanks again.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Pearl 8100 Email folders

the answer to your question is: you would need to upgrade to the newest OS to be able to 'kind of' do what you want.

yes, you will be able to separate the sms from email.

as for rules...no, its not possible.

i know you don't want all the messages in one folder, but if you decide to not upgrade and can live with one folder, then hide the others (email specific) by scrolling over the icon and clicking menu/hide icon.

Thanks, sounds like that OS upgrade is a good idea. Any pointers where to find that upgrade with an install guide?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

here's a link for instructions on how to upgrade...if you get stuck, post back here and we'll figure it out
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

here's a link to the newest OS
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...y_8100_os.html

i would also recommend, although lengthy, skimming the posts in the OS thread. there have been some reported bugs...nothing *i believe* is too bad

Great, thanks. I'll give it a go and let ya know.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Handle
    Great, thanks. I'll give it a go and let ya know.
    Did everything go smoothly?

Thanks for asking. I think it went ok. I downloaded the latest OS onto my PC then deleted the 'vendor.xml' file, plugged in the phone and ran the desktop manager. It offered to install a load of upgrades and went through the whole process of backing up, removing , replacing etc. Incidentally, thanks again for the advice because it took a good 20 minutes to initialise and I would have been sure something was wrong had I not read about it here. When it finally finished it was fine but I have been unable to discern any real difference. All the themes were the same, the menus were the same and I still can't find a way to keep duplicate e-mails out of the messages folder. I have to say I was very relieved that the thing worked at all after messing with its OS but the upgrade, if indeed there really was one, doesn't seem to have made any difference.
    The OS listed in the 'About' menu is v4.2.1.66 (Platform 2.3.0.57)
    There seem to be three possibilities:
    1. I might have mistakenly reinstalled the original OS
    2. The phone may have had the latest OS already as it is only a week old
    3. It's running the new OS but I just haven't figured out how to make use of the improvememts yet.
    It would seem that keeping new e-mails out of the new messages folder where they get mixed up with SMSs is one of the functions of the latest OS. If anyone could tell me how to do this then I guess I'd know whether the upgrade had been successful or not.
    Thanks.

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~go to your messages folder click menu options general scroll to the bottom and set your option to separate your sms there

Yep, that worked. Ta very much.