Hello all, I have an error that I keep getting on my BB Pearl 8100, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Power_Of_Zero no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl 8100 - Address Book Error

Advertisement

Hello all,

I have an error that I keep getting on my BB Pearl 8100, and was wondering if anyone has run into the same or knows of some kind of resolution. The issue happens infrequently when I attempt to access my Address Book. My device locks up and does not respond to anything except powering off. Upon powering back on, I recieve the following error:

Uncaught Exception Application: net_rim_bb_addressbook_app(###) is not responding, process terminated.

This cycle continues and I am unable to access my Address Book until I remove the battery. Removing the battery works temporarily and I am able to continue using my device unaffected, but only until the next time it decides to freak out again.

My carrier is T-Mobile, and I have their latest version, v4.2.0.64.

Thanks in advance!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Pearl 8100 - Address Book Error

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Of_Zero
    Hello all,

I have an error that I keep getting on my BB Pearl 8100, and was wondering if anyone has run into the same or knows of some kind of resolution. The issue happens infrequently when I attempt to access my Address Book. My device locks up and does not respond to anything except powering off. Upon powering back on, I recieve the following error:

Uncaught Exception Application: net_rim_bb_addressbook_app(###) is not responding, process terminated.

This cycle continues and I am unable to access my Address Book until I remove the battery. Removing the battery works temporarily and I am able to continue using my device unaffected, but only until the next time it decides to freak out again.

My carrier is T-Mobile, and I have their latest version, v4.2.0.64.

Thanks in advance!
    There's probably something corrupt if it keeps giving you an Uncaught Exception. If it's not corrupt something is conflicting in there. Did this just start happening recently or did it happen after an install of an application?

This sounds like a headache to me. I would just go ahead a reinstall the OS or even upgrade it.

p.s. Welcome to the Stacks!

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Pearl 8100 - Address Book Error

I agree that you will probably have to reinstall the OS to fix this. I haven't heard of this problem before though.