Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lost my BB Pearl, less then 1 month after purchasing it. Now the Pearl 2 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dr3x320 no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl 1 or Pearl 2?

Advertisement

Lost my BB Pearl, less then 1 month after purchasing it. Now the Pearl 2 is to be released soon by TMO sometime in either Sept'ish/Oct'ish.

Worth it to wait to purchase the Pearl 2?, but at what price tag?

Will Pearl 1's pricetag drop once Pearl 2 is released?

In a dilemma if I should buy a Pearl 1 now, at around 250-260'ish, or wait for the Pearl 2 which could be roughly near that price...thoughts?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Pearl 1 or Pearl 2?

If you wait every time for the latest BB to come out you would never buy one.

The down side of the new pearl is you have to be BB less until it comes out.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

Not sure who's your service provider... but AT&T just posted prices of the Pearl 1 for $99 (after rebates of course) so you can't really beat that deal!!

Personally if it was me (and I have been a little indecisive about switching to the curve) I would take advantage of the return policies!! I would purchase a new curve, then return it before the 30 days are up... and get a Pearl... have that one for 30 days then decide which I liked better and by then hopefully the new versions would be out and you could get your hands on the new pearl or curve!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Pearl 2.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Well it depends on if you can keep going without a BB. Sept/Oct is still quite a ways off.

Atm I have a Contract with Tmobile, I did a pearl upgrade in June, about 2 months ago, Bought the Pearl for $150.

The downside of this is that my Pearl got stolen when I was overseas last month in China on a business trip, I CAN wait until the Pearl 2 comes out but when it does come avail to Tmobile, whats the price going to be? $300 as a discount, 350 as a discount? worth it vs. an unlocked/new Pearl 1 at around 250-260?

Mouseworks no está en línea Stack level 1

Personally after looking at all the "leaked" info about the Pearl 2, I have no need to upgrade. Nothing it offers is a big deal to me, I'm fine with my Pearl the way it is. I'd say go ahead and get the Pearl for now, you can always upgrade when 2 is out, and sell your other Pearl on Ebay, craigslist, etc.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

if you're willing to begin a new contract/line of service, you can get the pearl 1 for FREE +$50 (they give you $50 to take the phone) thru companies like wirefly and letstalk (add .com to those)
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

Can't start a new contract.

Anyone know where I can purchase used or new phones unlocked or locked (T-Mobile) without a service plan?, other then ebay/craigslist. Alot suggested corp sites but require service plans....

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

you could always hit up the sales associates at the retailer. with the comet(pearl 2) coming out, im sure someone's looking to offload their pearl.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mouseworks
    Personally after looking at all the "leaked" info about the Pearl 2, I have no need to upgrade. Nothing it offers is a big deal to me, I'm fine with my Pearl the way it is. I'd say go ahead and get the Pearl for now, you can always upgrade when 2 is out, and sell your other Pearl on Ebay, craigslist, etc.
    I agree with everything said. Unless GPS/Wifi is a big deal to you, what else are you really looking foward to?

If you still want the Pearl 2, I'd try to call in and explain your situation. Hopefully you get a sympathetic CSR and can convince them that buying a 2nd phone in 3 months should at least be discounted.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Yeah if u can hang around bbless for 2 months, hoping that your provider gets the pearl 2 then wait.

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Has there been a release date for the Pearl 2 on ATT? I thought we got dibs before T Mo?

The best discounted price I can get atm is 267USD, The best discounted price I did get for the first Pearl or upgrade was $150 for the phone.
    tough decision, I know its not alot but when you need to pinch pennies =\

bjrambo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ee9812

I bought a refurb from att/cing for 59.99 and a brand new pearl from best buy. Both phones cost me less than 200. I'm extremely happy with.both purchases.

Just wish I would have waited for the new BB to come out.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast