I had a Blackberry Pearl given to me. I see that the screen is all ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thumprr no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl ????

Advertisement

I had a Blackberry Pearl given to me. I see that the screen is all white. I have read here this is problem others have had. I assume I will need to replace the screen. How do I know what model I have? I took the battery out, but the writting is way too small for this middleaged guy to read. Help?

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually, it might just not be booting up OK. You'll see instructions posted on how to wipe and reload your software (the devices also do that if there's a problem between the OS/App's linkage, some corrupt binaries or a filesystem problem).

You'll have to grab a magnifying glass to get the model number (with the screen not displaying anything, you have nowhere else to get the model number).

Good luck!

Thanks for super fast reply.

I will look for instructions on what you have suggested, Maybe, just maybe I will get lucky and fix it with out buying any parts.

OK, let me ask one more thing...

I found a magnifying glass. I took battery out..where is model number at? I see a PRD #,SKU#,IMEI#,IC#,PIN#,etc. no model number?

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is it an 8100 or 8110 once u find that out it sounds like your going to have to replace th o.s software are u getting an hour glass?

Nothing but a white screen.

I was told phone works, just a solid white screen. I charged the battery and this is all I see when I power it up.It doesn't have a cingular chip(or what ever it needs). I cann't double check it working cause the person kept his little chip in it and put it in his new phone.I cann't see anything on the white screen? Is there a post you could direct me to and find out about the O.S. problem you suggest? Once again, I am trying to find out what model it is by looking under the battery, I don't see a model number? Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry, I don't have a pearl, so can't tell you precisely where the model number is on the sticker. drdoom23 was correct - well, it'll be an 8100, 8110 or 8120.

You need to determine which so you know what software to download to load onto it after you wipe it.

Ok, found the instructions for using JL_Cmder:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=197

That will allow you to wipe your device.

You DO still need to determine which model it is though...

Also, what you were talking about before - the "chip" is referred to as a SIM card, or just SIM. The SIM card provides the carrier specific information for your phone.
    Last edited by Ridicule; 09-13-2008 at 12:09 PM.

I want to thank you for the help

Thanks so much for the help! I really need it. I hope this is all that I will bother you with. Maybe the info you pointed me to will get me through this job. Thanks again.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yep any questions just ask the pinstack blackberry nation