Absolutely typical This is my second pearl from T-Mobile and it's JUST gone out of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

railz no está en línea Stack level 2

Pear had White Screen now nothing!

Advertisement

Absolutely typical This is my second pearl from T-Mobile and it's JUST gone out of warranty. The other day in the middle of a phone call the screen went white although it was still working, and a battery pull fixed it.

Yesterday it did the same thing and now it seems like the phone is actually on, but the screen is blank. A battery pull does nothing. Took out SIM card and SD card, nada. It seems to charge and turn on (my alarm even goes off!) but nothing.

On an older desktop manager machine I managed to connect it and back up my databases on the phone. On the new manager it won't even be recognized.

Any ideas? T-Mobile won't replace and my insurance won't replace it either for some bizzare reason (what a waste of $6 a month).

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    insurance won't replace it? sounds like you might need to step on it then ask them.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    If the phone is still working then the problem might possibly be a bad LCD screen or that the connector for the screen to the motherboard is loose. Can't be sure though, I've never encountered this problem before. Maybe someone else has some thoughts?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just confirmed that it takes a charge and can be connected to Desktop manager - backed everything up right away.

Allwin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yep, It sounds like the LCD went bad or the connecter was loose. Did they tell you why the insurance did not cover it? I thought that was what it was for. Ask to speak with a customer service manager and tell them this is the second time this has happened.

They didn't tell me why they denied the claim - I just got an automated message telling me it was denied. T-mobile were even less help - they tried to get me to upgrade my phone to an 8320 and extend my contract for 2 years before they even mentioned my insurance!

BTW thanks for all the responses. I don't have a small enough torq bit to take it apart to check connectors but I'll pick one up tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Allwin no está en línea Stack level 2
    NP. Sorry I could not help more.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Unfortunately its more work than just a phone call, but here's what I would do.
    Find an official Tmo store near you and take a trip over there. You'd be surprised that a mgr in a store could have more clout than a CSR mgr over the phone.
    Plus the added effect of showing up angry & in person, proving your BBs problem face to face and stressing your feeling of being disrespected in CSR conversations.
    Mention that on this forum plenty of experienced users with other carriers have never heard of this issue and have got replacement phones for way simpler problems.

~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    also tell them you are considering going with another carrier.that should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvl636_BB View Post
    Unfortunately its more work than just a phone call, but here's what I would do.
    Find an official Tmo store near you and take a trip over there. You'd be surprised that a mgr in a store could have more clout than a CSR mgr over the phone.
    Plus the added effect of showing up angry & in person, proving your BBs problem face to face and stressing your feeling of being disrespected in CSR conversations.
    Mention that on this forum plenty of experienced users with other carriers have never heard of this issue and have got replacement phones for way simpler problems.

Thanks for the advice, but sadly there's not an official store within 150 miles of me. All I can find are authorized resellers I.e. clueless morons in mall booths) and that's it.

whiloh no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have seen a similar issue with corrupt software. since it is connecting with the DM, have you attempted a software reload to the newest software from your carrier from the rim support site?

It is worth a try.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    WOW that's a wide area! I would bring that up to a CSR then.... that they need an authorized store in your area ASAP if they are serious about being competitive

Just an update - I tried a wipe with jl_cmder and an os reinstall and no change, except it again will not be recognized by the desktop manager.

I'm stumped. Looks like I have a brick.