I transfered a PDF file to my Blackberry MicroSD card and everything went successful on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

PDF File Saved On MicroSD?

Advertisement

I transfered a PDF file to my Blackberry MicroSD card and everything went successful on the transfer. Now when I click on it to view it it says unable to display. Is there a way to view PDF's saved on a MicroSD card? Anyone know of a free or onetime payment program that does this?

I wish Beamberry didn't start charging $50 yearly.

tj2311111 Guest

Re: PDF File Saved On MicroSD?

Bump....I need help with this....

BTW The PDF is about 75MBs so theres no way of me emailing it and viewing it as an attachment. Unless someone knows how to split a PDF file.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

team,

I put a PDF file on my SD card and I can't even get it to display in the media. I tried by putting it in the BB folder (that doesn't work anyway but I thought I'd try) and then adding a folder (called Data) to the BB folder and putting it there. I can't get either to display in the media on my BB. I have plenty of space - a 4bg card - ?

Nevermind the first - I got it to display but I got the same: unable to display. I'll keep playing.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 02-09-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

I'm sorry to say, RIM have yet to think out of the box sometimes. This is one of them.
    You cannot open PDF, DOC, XLS or PPT on media cards / phone memory without the use of 3rd party applications.

You have to recieve them as attachments in order to get them. Sorry.
    Atleast this is my conclusion.

For XLS atleast you can use girdmagic ce.

tj2311111 Guest

Thats kinda of a huge problem for RIM. Thats definetly a important feature there missing on their phones. I cant see why they wouldn't incorporate this.

The thing I hate is all the 3rd party apps that do this (did some research), charge annually not a one time fee. The lowest priced one was like $40/year. Which is quite expensive for a feature that should've have came stock with the phone.

Disappointing.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Thats kinda of a huge problem for RIM. Thats definetly a important feature there missing on their phones. I cant see why they wouldn't incorporate this.

The thing I hate is all the 3rd party apps that do this (did some research), charge annually not a one time fee. The lowest priced one was like $40/year. Which is quite expensive for a feature that should've have came stock with the phone.

Disappointing.
    I agree. I also did some searching (as I thought you would have) and, of course, found the same results. I just thought 2 heads might be better than one. No difference though. Sorry. I'll keep you in mind if I turn anything up though. Good luck.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

we can all hope documents to go will give us this feature.. atleast for doc and xls

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I agree. I also did some searching (as I thought you would have) and, of course, found the same results. I just thought 2 heads might be better than one. No difference though. Sorry. I'll keep you in mind if I turn anything up though. Good luck.
    Thanks for the effort jblackfish. Really appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    we can all hope documents to go will give us this feature.. atleast for doc and xls
    Same thanks to you Sci-Tek....I'm not sure about Documents to Go....There gonna be charging a fee for using it most likely (as they do with WM phones, which i dont mind as long as it is a one time fee) and Ive been hearing its for BES and what not. Too many questions about it.