Any ideas? My laptop has USB 2.0 ports, my understanding is that the Pearl 8130 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Redflea no está en línea Stack level 1

PC didn't recognize Pearl is USB 2.0?

Advertisement

Any ideas? My laptop has USB 2.0 ports, my understanding is that the Pearl 8130 is USB 2.0, but got a message when I connected it that it wasn't USB 2.0?

Does the USB cable matter? Are there actually USB 1.x and 2.x cables? I'm using a spare camera USB cable at work, could be a fairly old cable...

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: PC didn't recognize Pearl is USB 2.0?

the actual cable doesn't determine which v. usb you're using. i still use an old cable one of my other pearls came with and it's plugged in to a usb 2.0 port on my work pc.

have you rebooted the laptop since just to see if that helps? otherwise i got nothing. i've seen the message that it will run faster if i used a 2.0 port. i don't have the pearl2 either.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

the 8130 is not USB 2.0 i believe. the new series BB 8xxx coming out this year is supposed to be high speed USB which is 2.0 (read specs here: http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/gallery...431170da2a.jpg)

Bummer! I guess the relatively small amount of data typically transferred didn't justify the additional cost of USB 2.0...

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    the 8130 is not USB 2.0 i believe. the new series BB 8xxx coming out this year is supposed to be high speed USB which is 2.0 (read specs here: http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/gallery...431170da2a.jpg)
    8130 has to be 2.0, I mean there is no other USB port than 2.0. And the 8920 seems the only BB with a high speed USB....

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    8130 has to be 2.0, I mean there is no other USB port than 2.0. And the 8920 seems the only BB with a high speed USB....
    This is a discusion we had on sd card speeds a while back and the USB port speeds, read through the post for the USB port speeds and why we feel that the BB is USB 1.1: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...o_sd_card.html

Hmm...I decided to do an objective comparison.

Pearl 8130 VZW vs. Curzer Micro 2GB

Copy 185 MB 3GP video file. Same USB port, same file, just after rebooting my system (HP nw8440).

Pearl: 3 min, 45s = 225s = 185/225 = .8 MB/s
    Cruzer: 37s = 185/37 = 5 MB/s

The Cruzer (which is definitely 2.0) didn't hit anywhere near what I would expect for USB 2.0 (which I believe is around 40 MB/s).

Can someone else run a similar test?