I bought my phone off ebay, it is a pearl (8100) i just got around ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrjingles no está en línea Stack level 2

password reset

Advertisement

I bought my phone off ebay, it is a pearl (8100) i just got around to turning it on... anyways it is asking for a password. The person I bought it from has not replyed to my emails... is there a way to get this password taken off? please help!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: password reset

you can enter in the wrong password 10 times and it will wipe the device to factory settings.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

you can type something in ten times and then the phone will wipe itself. After a certain number it will delete everything. I'm not sure if the password stays or not. Never done it.
    Good luck jingles!

sweet, i didnt want to mess anything up, i just restarted it.... waiting.. hope this works, thanks alot guys!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

anytime!

this can't be good "app error 300" gives me the option to "reset" it just restarted itself.. whats going on?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

You can try loading the Pearl OS on your PC, then connect the BB to it and reload the OS

da hnic no está en línea Stack level 2

i have the same problem... when you entered the pass 10 times.. did everything still work????
    da H.N.I.C.

andreee no está en línea Stack level 1

ok i did it ten times then it said reboooting or w.e and all that bs..now it says scrubbing then a time counting down ...will i still be able to use this phone cuz all i couldnt remember the password to use the phone....so is it bad that i did thiss...and another question will i ever be able to use this phone again...???sum1 reply please *edited for language*
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 11-03-2007 at 05:28 AM.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by andreee View Post
    ok i did it ten times then it said reboooting or w.e and all that bs...now it says scrubbing then a time counting down ...will i still be able to use this phone cuz all i couldnt remember the password to use the phone....so is it bad that i did thiss...and another question will i ever be able to use this phone again...???sum1 reply please
    there are two types of resets depending on situation and how you have the phone set up. Normally it will "wipe" the handheld ( erase all info off the phone and set it back to original specs) this takes approx. 5 - 10 mins or so. Scrubbing occurs when you wipe the handheld with content protection turned on in security settings. This not only wipes the phone once but like 40+ times. this generally takes 40 mins to 2 hrs. Hope this clarifies for you. Welcome to the Stacks.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 11-03-2007 at 05:28 AM.

j33t3rz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b45e8f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fashionrider57 no está en línea Stack level 2

make sure you call tmobile or whatever carrier it is and double check the serial number. If he sold it with a password, and isn't responding to your e-mails, it's almost guarantee it's stolen. If the person who lost it reported it stolen, you could get traced when you connect to the carrier. Be careful.