Is it possible for me to lock my phone with a pasword? Or could I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

crichmond no está en línea Stack level 2

password protection

Advertisement

Is it possible for me to lock my phone with a pasword? Or could I lock my message inbox with a password?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Yes, go to options/security options/general settings and enable, it will ask you for a password and that's it.

crichmond no está en línea Stack level 2
    Alright. Now that that is settled(thank you)could I set my phone to where only the message inbox is password protected~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dream Hack no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Not that I know of. I'm sure there's somebody else out there that wants the same thing and has coded something to work like that. Or maybe not. It could be like the whole vibrate and ring problem. Why do you want your messages to be the only thing passworded?

Or I guess the more approriate question would be how much do your tour BB for messaging as opposed to other features?

moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i dont think you can customize what is to be locked, its probably an all or nothing

aflansburg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2469F3D5
    are you wanting to be able to make calls while it's password protected (aka locked)? If that's the case Options>Security Options>General Settings>Enable Outgoing Calls While Locked, also check out this app, it might have what you need:

http://www.splashdata.com/splashid/blackberry/

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    The is a couple apps on getjar.com that is pts or zip that make you have a password to get into your inbox~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~