I forgot my password for the password keeper thing and I don't want to have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

games194 no está en línea Stack level 1

password keeper

Advertisement

I forgot my password for the password keeper thing and I don't want to have to reset all the info on my phone, is there anyway to just reset the password or anything I can do? Thanks ahead of time

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: password keeper

Maybe try removing the program and reinstalling? Unless of course you have passwords in there you need...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

If you dont remember the password you might as well just enter it wrong so it resets itself. Otherwise leave it alone until you remember the password.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

My understanding is, if you incorrectly enter the password 10 x, it will delete the info in your Password Keeper app. You can then choose a new password, but, of course, you'll need to reenter your info.

Easier then reinstalling the program (not even sure how you can reinstall apps that come with the bb)

Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    My understanding is, if you incorrectly enter the password 10 x, it will delete the info in your Password Keeper app. You can then choose a new password, but, of course, you'll need to reenter your info.

Easier then reinstalling the program (not even sure how you can reinstall apps that come with the bb)
    same with any other app...

bradigk no está en línea Stack level 1

Been there done that. I received my phone new with a password in it. They tried to give me default passwords/ which there are none. I just reloaded the os and this put the password keeper back on. Then you can put your new password in. This site is the best. You guys saved my phone from being thrown out the window numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by bradigk
    Been there done that. I received my phone new with a password in it. They tried to give me default passwords/ which there are none. I just reloaded the os and this put the password keeper back on. Then you can put your new password in. This site is the best. You guys saved my phone from being thrown out the window numerous times.
    If you did receive the phone new it shouldn't have had a password already in there...at least mine didn't.
    BTW: Welcome to the stacks...glad we could be of assistance.

bradigk no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thank you. I think while they were setting it up in the store they zigged when they shoulda zagged.

victoriou5 no está en línea Stack level 1

This thread solved my problem!
    Thanks y'all
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~