I downloaded a pdf which I can open with no problem on my computer. When ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kenw no está en línea Stack level 1

password for pdf?

Advertisement

I downloaded a pdf which I can open with no problem on my computer. When I try to open it on my pearl it asks me for a password for the document. Huh??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks - Ken:cry:

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: password for pdf?

To open a password-protected PDF file attachment on the BlackBerry device
    1. Open the message containing the PDF file attachment.
    2. Click the trackwheel, then click Open Attachment. The Attachments screen appears.
    3. Scroll to the file name of the document, click the trackwheel and select Password. The Enter Password prompt appears.
    4. Type the password and click the trackwheel. If the password is accepted, the file is unlocked.
    5. Click Table of Contents or Full Content, then click Retrieve.

Troubleshooting

If you click Table of Contents or Full Content before unlocking the file, a warning message appears stating that the document is password protected. To unlock the file, close the message by clicking the trackwheel, then perform the steps above.
    If you receive the message The password for this document is incorrect, you have entered an incorrect password or the PDF file was password protected with a 128-bit encryption. BlackBerry Attachment Service does not support 128-bit encryption.
    Attachment Service does not support password-protected files other than PDF. For example, if you attempt to open a password-protected Microsoft Word document, the message Password not supported for this format will appear.

NOTE: Blackberry does not support password protected PDF files with 128-bit encryption.

Verify the PDF file version and encryption level:
    1. In Outlook, open the PDF file.
    2. In Adobe Acrobat, click File and select Document Properties.
    3. In the left pane, select Description.
    4. Under the PDF Information section, verify the PDF Version field.
    5. In the left pane, select Security.
    6. Verify the Security Method field to determine security restrictions used with the document.
    7. Click Show Details to verify the encryption level used with the document.

kenw no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: password for pdf?

thanks for the info - it helped.