Hey, all. 1st time BB'er. You probably can't count the times somebody has asked this, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dr_Reboot no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Password fell outa brain

Advertisement

Hey, all. 1st time BB'er. You probably can't count the times somebody has asked this, but since it's my first visit, please bear with me. I already have my bottom lip on the floor for resetting a password as I'm going down for a nap. Can't remember it ever since.

Tell me if I'm mistaken, but if you're on the 9th try at entering the Pearl's device password and still don't have it right, there's nothing that can be done but to bite the bullet and go for the 10th time, letting it wipe out the OS & everything else, right? I downloaded the Cingular OS and have Desktop Mgr 4.2 installed, so I'm ready for the reload, but I just want to make sure there's nothing else I can try first. Any advice would be appreciated!
    ~Forlorn

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Password fell outa brain

Id say, go ahead with that, I dough u can do anything else about it.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Well I'd say you're SOL and I would also go ahead and just reload everything and start over new.

COJO 24

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Actually when it wipes your phone it just goes back to its out of the box state. You do not have to reload the OS. Sorry for the bad news and don't forget to write your pasword down.:~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You're all right. I wanted to exhaust all resources before I put the 10th incorrect pw in & let 'er rip. I had read somewhere that it wipes the OS as well, but Cingular told me it doesn't. And it didn't. Cool, but didn't really matter to me... I had already d/l'd the OS, had a Contacts backup, and only loaded one app. If my stuff was going to data heaven, I might as well have to reload the OS too. It probably would've been fun anyway.

So it took a couple of hours to wipe and now I'm on my way again. That's the first time I've lost a pw in 17 years of being in the IT field. I knew I shouldn't have taken that cough medicine...

btw- The one app I had loaded on there was still there after the wipe. I just had to reconfigure it.

Thanks for the words, guys!
    Looking forward to the forum. Looks like it's a valuable & fun resource.
    Pearl, 2GB mSD

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Post Re: Password fell outa brain

No prob, cp6169. Didn't want to leave off the happy ending.
    Pearl, 2GB mSD