Ok, I had a thread earlier where I asked for help as I dropped my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

carson no está en línea Stack level 2

Panic - all sounds have gone

Advertisement

Ok, I had a thread earlier where I asked for help as I dropped my Pearl and I had a tiny dent on the silver bit of the casing. Just realised that now my phone has no sounds, it won't ring or play any tones or sounds.Everthing else works and it vibratesfine. Any suggestions, could I really have done something that bad to it. Any way to reset it etc. or am I pissing into the wind??? Thanks

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Panic - all sounds have gone

Try and make a call and make sure your speakers (front and rear) are working and haven't become disconnected.

Now I've just been messing around and if I press the sides in ( silver panels) the sound will come back. Do I have a loose connection or any suggestions as to what I should do. Too scared to take the back off the BB, and cant take it back to where I bought it from.

I think I might have what you suggested. Do you know what I do with this prob

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Talk about timing...

Sounds as if your speaker shifted when it fell. I have yet to take a pearl apart, however, i have taken other berries apart and if it is the same way, then there are two pins that have to touch in the right spot in order for your speaker to work. As an example, if you take ur berry apart and move the speaker and the contacts don't touch, then it won't work at all.

Time to find a reputable repair shop it looks like.

Thanks

Are these pins really sensitive? Is there a margin for error as in if they are not exactly in the factory position it will still work

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Lemme see if I can't find a picture for you.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Okay, sorry for the large pictures, but want to be as detailed as possible. These are not from a Pearl however, one is an 8700 rear housing and the other is a 7100.

As you can see in this first pic, these are what the "pins" look like:

In the next picture, it shows the FRONT part of a 7100 and the areas where the pins touch the "motherboard".

And the final picture shows the rear or the 7100 where the speakerphone connects to the motherboard:

Again, sorry for the large pictures, but want them to be as detailed as possible.

I am not 100% sure that the pearl is set up this way, however, my guess would be probably. I have taken an 8700 apart before, swapped the housing, and the speaker was off by less than a 1/4 of an inch and wouldn't work because it wasn't touching directly.

Hope this helps.

It really does. I will save the shots .