I would like to rephrase my question, yes i use BB Desktop Manager to sync, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ROCKIST no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Palm Desktop Manager for Blackberry 8100

Advertisement

I would like to rephrase my question, yes i use BB Desktop Manager to sync, but I like Palm Desktop's Contact, Datebook, Notes. I think it is very easy to use and simple. Somehow, BB Desktop doesnt have any of those features and I dont want to use outlook, since you cannot password protect outlook. How can I use those features on Palm Desktop (I know It has something to do with ASCII, but I am not sure which file to use to link it with Blackberry Desktop) when I sync my 8100 with BB Desktop..?
    I love using my Palm Desktop Manager for everything, and hate to give it up for anything else. How can I continue using my Palm Desktop for my Blackberry 8100 Pearl? Need help desperately.
    Last edited by ROCKIST; 11-05-2006 at 11:45 PM.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: Palm Desktop Manager for Blackberry 8100

Sorry Rockist, no can do. You have to use the bb desktop manager.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3

i recently switched over from a palm i did like the palm desktop software but i don't miss it much i synced all of my info from my palm to my bb it was very easy with the bb desktop manager now i use outlook and i sync outlook with my bb manager. i hope this might help and welcome to pinstack!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ROCKIST, Welcome to PinStack.

I always thought you could password protect your Outlook file. Check out the Outlook Help for how to password protect your outlook pst file.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

love my Treo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having problems syncing a Palm Treo 650 to a BB 8700c. While searching for a solution, I saw this post. Maybe you can weigh in on my issue posted in the DM forum. Thanks!

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKIST
    I dont want to use outlook, since you cannot password protect outlook.

Sure you can, Its Outlook "Express" that cant.

In MS Outlook 2003 SP2 (this is what I have and am basing this on)

Go to the FILE menu, then DATA FILE MANAGEMENT, then SETTINGS. You should be able to figure the rest out from there.

Close Outlook and restart. If you did everything correctly it should ask for a password everytime you start it. It will also ask you for this password when trying to sync to your BB.

ROCKIST no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    Sure you can, Its Outlook "Express" that cant.

In MS Outlook 2003 SP2 (this is what I have and am basing this on)

Go to the FILE menu, then DATA FILE MANAGEMENT, then SETTINGS. You should be able to figure the rest out from there.

Close Outlook and restart. If you did everything correctly it should ask for a password everytime you start it. It will also ask you for this password when trying to sync to your BB.
    Wow, thank you for your reply to my question, rkkeller. Finally my MS Outlook asks for password. Phew, now I can comfortably let my guests use my laptop if they wanted to browse the internet.
    Again, thanks for your input.