First, let me say that as I was debating a BB I looked at a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nichos no está en línea Stack level 2

palm concert has a few questions

Advertisement

First, let me say that as I was debating a BB I looked at a lot of forums and stacks has the friendliest community out there. Out of all of them, its the only one I registered for.

Anyway, I just switched from a treo to the BB and am quite happy. I'm not sure I understand the mail. I'm using vzw and a bis I'm connecting to an exchange server and imap. My question is, howcome these connections don't show all my messages? Only the new stuff that has come in since ice hooked my BB up shows up. Also, items on the BB aren't marked as read if I mark them as read on the computer.
    Thanks in advance!
    Nick (new member from Florida)

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

Re: palm concert has a few questions

I noticed this also when I had mine connected to an exchange server. I came up with this - only new mail is being sent to your BB through BIS, and your Blackberry isnt "pulling" email from exchange. This is just what I told myself and dont know if this is actually accurate.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I believe (and someone will correct me if I am wrong) for two way communication with Exchange you have to be on a BES service with a BES Server communicating with the Exchange server.

Zo

nichos no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Vealy, this happens on my imap account too. It acts more like pop than imap. Thanks,Nick