Hey I was wondering if others were having similar problems that I am having. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PuRowdy no está en línea Stack level 2

Pairing Pearl with Bluetooth GPS device

Advertisement

Hey I was wondering if others were having similar problems that I am having. I was with my friend and he had a Bluetooth GPS device (TomTom), I thought hmm I wonder if it works with my BB. Went in and it paired up just fine and then went to Google Maps and set it there and it worked great. So we then went to Fry's and I picked up a Delorme Earthmate GPS BT-20. I go in to pair it and it finds the device and accepts the PIN stating that it has paired successfully.

Then I run into the issues of not being able to connect to the device or use it. I go into Google Maps and select the device but it never seems to connect. My blue led indicating that a bluetooth device is connected never comes on.

I'm wondering if this GPS device just doesn't work, or if there is something I'm missing. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Scienchick no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pairing Pearl with Bluetooth GPS device

I"m having the same problem. I connected to my Freedom GPS via bluetooth the first time just fine (got the blue flashing light and was able to find myself on google maps). But after I turning the GPS puck off and on, I can no longer connect. The phone sees the device but the blue indicator light does not turn on when I try to connect. I even deleted the GPS device and added it again, but it still doesn't work.

****I just remembered the cardinal rule of troubleshooting my red pearl......BATTERY PULL! Now it works!!
    Last edited by Scienchick; 01-12-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: figured out the problem