Hi, I searched for this topic but didn't find any info... but sorry if this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MC416 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Pairing between two blackberrys

Advertisement

Hi,
    I searched for this topic but didn't find any info... but sorry if this has been posted anyway.
    I have paired with phones that are motorolas, and other mfg's, but I can't for the life of me pair with any other blackberry.
    I try to set it up exactly as I did with the moto, but it wont find it. at all. neither of the blackberry's. Maybe I'll try again, but my question is this, is there a different method for pairing blackberrys?
    thanks in advance

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Should be pretty straightfoward, there is nothing tricky about using bluetooth with a blackberry. Go into the device options and choose bluetooth. Use the menu key to "enable bluetooth". Go into the BT options and customize a few things like maybe giving the phones unique BT names so they are easily identified, and make sure all security options and discovery modes are set properly.

Basically I want to transfer ringtones between two blackberry pearls, and it wont find it.
    Where would I change the name, like you suggested? maybe it needs to be easily identified.
    Still, no dice

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    If you can get the bluetooth to work, it may be easier to send the ringtone files via blackberry messenger.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Oops, I mean if you *can't* get the bluetooth to work.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Mr. Belleza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MC416 View Post
    Basically I want to transfer ringtones between two blackberry pearls, and it wont find it.
    Where would I change the name, like you suggested? maybe it needs to be easily identified.
    Still, no dice
    1st - "Receive using Bluetooth"
    2nd - "Send using Bluetooth"
    "Out of Small Things Proceedeth That which is Great."

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    i had problems with this at 1st too. most phones have it that when you turn bluetooth on, you can simple send a file and the other phone will ask for permission to get the file. with the blackberry, you have to enable bluetooth, then once paired, go into the media and hit menu button, THEN hit recieve using bluetooth. once this is done just send the ringtone from the other phone and it will work.

the important thing here is you need to tell the blackberry to receive!
    ...always tinkering...

thanks for all the help, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhokk222 View Post
    i had problems with this at 1st too. most phones have it that when you turn bluetooth on, you can simple send a file and the other phone will ask for permission to get the file. with the blackberry, you have to enable bluetooth, then once paired, go into the media and hit menu button, THEN hit recieve using bluetooth. once this is done just send the ringtone from the other phone and it will work.

the important thing here is you need to tell the blackberry to receive!
    This worked for me. However, can someone tell me how to change the name of my device? I was able to transfer from my 8100 to my friends 8130, but we can't transfer between two 8100s. Will not find them.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    When you edit the bluetooth options there is a field that specifies the device name. For instance mine is "Blackberry - Tom" and my friend's is "Blackberry - John". Make sure the options are set to allow them to be discoverable etc. If you havent found the option to name the devices then it sounds like you havent even entered the options menu yet. Everything you need is right there.