I just got my pearl in this week and im brand new to this type ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zsjordan no está en línea Stack level 1

Question p8100 is busted or im retarded

Advertisement

I just got my pearl in this week and im brand new to this type of phone so im a little lost.

1. i need the phone to constantly vibrate while ringing (i'm partially deaf it feels like). I went to edit the active profile and went to phone and changed 'out of holster' to vibrate+ring. It still doesnt vibrate. I know the phone itself is capable because when i go to the vibrate option it vibrates, the ring option - it rings, the vibrate+ring option - nothing.

2. Does anyone know how to change the default save as number? As in, if I am saving a number, it defaults the number as the work number. how can i switch that to default as the cell number.

I got this phone refurb. and it didnt come with a manual. if anyone knows of a good online manual, please throw that my way, because i'm totally lost on this phone. thanks.

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: p8100 is busted or im retarded

Quote Originally Posted by zsjordan
    I just got my pearl in this week and im brand new to this type of phone so im a little lost.

1. i need the phone to constantly vibrate while ringing (i'm partially deaf it feels like). I went to edit the active profile and went to phone and changed 'out of holster' to vibrate+ring. It still doesnt vibrate. I know the phone itself is capable because when i go to the vibrate option it vibrates, the ring option - it rings, the vibrate+ring option - nothing.

2. Does anyone know how to change the default save as number? As in, if I am saving a number, it defaults the number as the work number. how can i switch that to default as the cell number.

I got this phone refurb. and it didnt come with a manual. if anyone knows of a good online manual, please throw that my way, because i'm totally lost on this phone. thanks.
    1. it will vibrate then ring, it will not do both for duration

2. it is a default, no known way to change

heavychevy no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by zsjordan

make sure when your editing the active profile your making sure the number of vibrations is not set to 0. Then it should vibrate then ring

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

look here for a complete manual and user guide. and you are not retarded -- you came to the right place for answers which shows some smarts!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

also you can just hold down the # key and it will switch your profile to vibrate.

Good luck let us know if you have more questions.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

nice reddog...does holding # again default back to whatever profile you had set before you put it into vibrate using the #

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

If you want to add the primary number to be mobile, then you will have to copy and paste the number when creating a new entry for your addres book.
    ~posted via opera mini~

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

yes...unfortunately since RIM intended BBs to be solely for the working class (meaning corporations and small businesses) they made the smart/obvious choice of making all numbers default to work #...and since they are still largely a private sector retailer i don't see them changing it any time soon unless the public makes a big enough stink about it...but will they even hear us way up there in Canadia (yes i know how to spell Canada)