i don't use my bb for im'ing, so i've uninstalled the oz messenger. but, every ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

oz wants to reinstall

Advertisement

i don't use my bb for im'ing, so i've uninstalled the oz messenger. but, every time i reboot my bb, i get taken to the oz download page automatically. how can i stop this unwanted behavior? thx!

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: oz wants to reinstall

it did that for me too. i had to go into the modules and delete it out of there. that took care of it.

options > advanced options > applications > click the blackberry/menu button and click modules and find it in there

thx. now the fun part: i don't suppose you remember the name of the module. i've scrolled through them all and can't find it. will it even show if oz isn't installed? do ineed to install oz first and then kill the module? thx again!

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

YES over the weekend I upgraded two 8100's to a new OS and both immediately wanted to connect to the WEB and download OZ-

Can some one please post the module information so people can delete it?

Thanks
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

I actually have tried deleting the OZ module on the phone, and it still wanted to install it. I'm pretty sure it does that because the module doesn't exist on the phone. So if you delete the module, it wants to put it back. I tried doing this through the Desktop Manager as well and it still wanted to force it on me every time after resending service books. T-mo just expects that you should need this app if you have data plan, which of course you do.

My solution was to let it install and just hide the icon, this way I don't have to worry about it, and should the Jivetalk servers ever crash (heaven forbid), I will at least have a fallback position.

of course, i had thought about that. and honestly, it's totally fine. it's just that i hate when i can't do things the way i want to. and, to my way of thinking, the fewer apps on my bb, the less a chance of conflict with some other app i might want to install. anyways...

thanks everyone.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually just delete the service book. Should be the TMO IM service book. Then you won't get the prompt anymore.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187

Actually just delete the service book. Should be the TMO IM service book. Then you won't get the prompt anymore.
    Ah that makes sense, so I had deleted the module, deleted the loader, but never deleted the service book thus queueing T-mo to check for an installed module.

Good catch, Red.

yes, good call, indeed. thx!

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187

Sounds great- how is this accomplished?
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

options> advanced options> sevice books highlight then menu and delete.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Let us know if the service book is sent when you reboot please. Or the next time you register with the network or send your service books

Thanks
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

I have tried deleting oz through the service books too, and everytime my service changes from T-Mobile ( at&t, cellular one, etc.) the download screen pops back up. I travel a lot, and this is a problem for me, because I get this screen at least 3 to 4 times a week. Anybody have any other suggestions?