Hey all - thanks for a great forum! I just got my Pearl last week ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

railz no está en línea Stack level 2

Oz Messenger Not Getting Contact Lists

Advertisement

Hey all - thanks for a great forum!

I just got my Pearl last week from my wife - it's a T-Mobile white model. OS is 4.2.0.64

I'm having a problem with the OZ messenger system which is kinda odd. It looks like the client is limited (in some cases) to 30 contacts per "system". For instance, if I go into ICQ and log on, it will pull 30 contacts into it, but I know for a fact I have over 200! It ignores the groups as well.

Okay, so let's try Yahoo. It does the same - 30 contacts! Now, I deleted a Yahoo contact and went back to ICQ. Only 29 contacts! Oh, and I also refreshed every contact list I could find.

I called T-Mobile BB support and they didn't have any idea what was causing it, nor could they suggest anything. Any ideas?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Oz Messenger Not Getting Contact Lists

railz - welcome to pinstack

not that i don't want to fix your OZ client but do you have a data plan, bc if you do, jivetalk (www.beejive.com) is much better for IM'ing with multiple IM clients.

im pretty sure that the OZ client does have a limitation as to how many contacts load per IM client.

railz no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Oz Messenger Not Getting Contact Lists

I don't have a data connection yet - have to wait till July for it to kick in through T-Mobile.

The thing is, if I log on with another Yahoo account it will collect 49 contacts. It's quite strange.