I can't figure this out. When I get an IM my Pearl makes a noise. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gbcue no está en línea Stack level 2

OZ Messenger Making Noise Even Though Noise Profile Says Mute

Advertisement

I can't figure this out.

When I get an IM my Pearl makes a noise. It's pretty loud, even if I have the phone profile on Vibrate, Off, or Phone Only! I didn't think it was supposed to make any noise! What is going on?

Also, when I clear the numbers in the calculator, it makes a little ding when I try to clear zero, even though it's in those noise-less profiles.

Is there a way to eliminate all noise in modes that aren't supposed to make any noise?

Thanks!

badfish281 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: OZ Messenger Making Noise Even Though Noise Profile Says Mute

There is a way to do this. I remember doing it before. First of all, dump Oz messenger. It is worthless and it uses texts rather than data to send messages. It also messes up frequently. Go to beejive.com download jive talk. It is 20 bucks for a lifetime and there's a 30 day trial available. It uses data. Anyhow, to answer your question... you have to go to the profiles and go into the silent one and then go to advanced and into each setting and manually set everything to silent. Make sure you save it when you are done. I believe this works. If not try to go to preferences in the Oz thing and turn off the sound. There is definitely a way to do this. But save yourself the trouble and download jivetalk. You turn off the sound the same way with it, but I remember it being easier. Good luck!

Gbcue no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't have data, only unlimited texting.

I figured out how to turn off the sound, it's an OZ Messenger setting.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

sorry I didn't see this earlier. but yes it is in the application. I have this same thing with another app. glad you got it resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by badfish281 View Post
    ... First of all, dump Oz messenger. It is worthless and it uses texts rather than data to send messages. It also messes up frequently. Go to beejive.com download jive talk...
    Sorry if this sounds rude but I hate all this push from users about JiveTalk. That is as bad as all the hype was for the iPhone like it is the ultimate of ultimate things to exist. Yes it may be great to you (and others) but some users prefer to use alternatives. You may not like OZ messenger but it works very well for many other users (I have the Verizon version of this app and enjoy it - I also refuse to pay one company - beejive - to use ANOTHER companies services - AOL's).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post

Sorry if this sounds rude but I hate all this push from users about JiveTalk. That is as bad as all the hype was for the iPhone like it is the ultimate of ultimate things to exist. Yes it may be great to you (and others) but some users prefer to use alternatives. You may not like OZ messenger but it works very well for many other users (I have the Verizon version of this app and enjoy it - I also refuse to pay one company - beejive - to use ANOTHER companies services - AOL's).
    amen