Just got my Pearl and was trying out the OZ instant messenger program. I signed ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

changstrom no está en línea Stack level 2

OZ Instant Messenger

Advertisement

Just got my Pearl and was trying out the OZ instant messenger program. I signed into AIM but it seemed to only load 30 of my buddies. I tried refreshing the list a couple times with no benefit. Any ideas?

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Are they 30 online contacts?

OZ Messenger by default doesn't expand the offline contacts

No unfortunatley most of the contacts that it's been loading are my offline ones. So it shows about 26 offline and 4 online.

But I actually just read somewhere that OZ sends its messages over SMS and not the internet. That's lame. So I've stopped looking into why it only loads 30 contacts and started looking into how to get it off my phone.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    changstrom, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with removing OZ, but there are a couple of 3rd party apps that will do IM using data. Check out Ramble and IM+ in the 3rd party apps forum.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by changstrom
    No unfortunatley most of the contacts that it's been loading are my offline ones. So it shows about 26 offline and 4 online.

But I actually just read somewhere that OZ sends its messages over SMS and not the internet. That's lame. So I've stopped looking into why it only loads 30 contacts and started looking into how to get it off my phone.

This is 100% True. If you are a heavy IM user- Avoid OZ. You will be charged PER message sent and recieved. In addition the fact that you got to see 30 of your buddies is amazing, my list never loaded. If you decide you like OZ be sure to upgrade your TMO account to include unlimited text messages (package cost $14.99) otherwise prepare for what could be an astronomical bill.

There are a freeware/shareware IM apps that work via your data plan. Such as Ramble IM which is free. Look into those.

Thanks for the welcome, and the help guys.

crowdog2008 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: OZ Instant Messenger

A month ago I have downloaded a free instant messenger service from Nimbuzz.com. It has AOL, Yahoo and MSN. It will soon have Google talk, hyves, Skype, Jabber and ICQ. This application works perfect for my blackberry pearl phone.

cuban51 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how does Nimbuzz work? is it unlimited AIM messenging through the internet? or does it count as a SMS text message when you send a AIM message?

cuban51 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i just downloaded Ramble-IM. I'll test it out for a couple days and let you know how it works out. It looks like it should work well. The website says that it use data, SMS text messages, so we'll see. I read something about reseting your phone and having to remove the battery to do this, or downloading an app to "soft reset" your phone or something like that? why would I have to reset my phone? what does that do?