After doing a wipe and clean install, I noticed almost immediatly that after several hours ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ByteTheApple no está en línea Stack level 2

OZ IM Incompatibility With 4.2.1.94?

Advertisement

After doing a wipe and clean install, I noticed almost immediatly that after several hours of uptime the OZ Instant Messenger program icon would revert to a generic icon. Also somehow I would wind up with TWO instances of the program running. Never had, nor have heard of such under Cingy .73. Has anyone experienced this or even HEARD of such an error with any program?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: OZ IM Incompatibility With 4.2.1.94?

Sorry I don't use the app. It will be hard finding anyone who does. Most BB users have a data plan so using the OZ messenger that uses up your text messages isn't preferable.

I'll install it and see what happens though.

~red

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Well after a day of this running I'm not having any issues with it. Seems to be just fine. I've been doing test conversations with my other IM accounts and no problems so far.

Maybe you might want to re-send your service books? I'll keep ya posted if a problem occurs.

~red

ff0000z no está en línea Stack level 1

i don't think it's the update. i think it's the OZ app. i've had the same problem every since having it. i use JiveTalk instead now. but always seemed to have issues with OZ. message delivery failures. and often times seemed like i just stopped getting messages in the middle of a conversation. was way to unreliable and throw in the fact that is uses text messaging on teh back-end... wasn't worth it. cheaper to pay a one time license fee for JiveTalk than subscribe to an unlimited text message plan.

ByteTheApple no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have unlimited text messages so that's not an issue. However jivetalk sucks my battery life you won't believe. Used to I could get 36 hours out of a charge now about 12!