I'm still an ultra newb, but I did search with no success. Has anyone figured ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Djct_watt no está en línea Stack level 1

Overclocking.... Possible?

Advertisement

I'm still an ultra newb, but I did search with no success.

Has anyone figured out a successful way to overclock the 8100 processor?

I upgraded the OS, and it is a little bit more stable, but when it comes to loading and viewing photos on my memory card, it usually crashes the phone (or takes an eternity). I've had my 8100 for a long time now and love it. But when I had my t-mo USA MDA, I found overclocking to be very helpful, even in small increments. Has anyone figured out a way to do this or is anyone working on it? Is it even possible?

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

Re: Overclocking.... Possible?

As far as I know, there is NO way to OC the 8100. Plus, I wouldn't recommend it. What you could od is go with a basic theme. By doing that, you'll speed things up a little. Remember, less graphics=faster processing. :-D
    THE ONE AND ONLY DAIIKUN
    Otherwise known as "Cherri's Playmate"
    MySpace

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Never heard of overclocking a BB and would never attempt it. On a PC, now that's a different story
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yeah no overclocking on the BB. It's actually nice having a device that doesn't NEED this done. It would make it nicer but I don't have as many issue with BB's as I did with WM phones.

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2

I also got an extremely slow the first time I loaded my pictures till I had to take the battery out to reboot. The second time I did that I was a little calm down and waited until everything finish. Not so sure how many minutes as I just let it run in the background. And once it done, everything just went fine. Looking at picture is fast. It was like the phone has to build the pic index at the very first time we load the picture. If you start with a numerous picture to begin with (probably dumping it from the other source into your external memory) it will take long. But that is just the first time you load, just my two cents.

Djct_watt no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the feedback!