I have searched previous posts and can't seem to find my answer. I recently had ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mtrcty no está en línea Stack level 1

outlook calander issues

Advertisement

I have searched previous posts and can't seem to find my answer. I recently had to get a replacement pearl. I have been having problems snycing with outlook ever since. I did a file transfer and got all of my calender entries and all other contact fine. Now calender entries are on the phone but wont show up on my today theme. Also they are gone from my outlook and will not snyc from my pearl. I reinstalled 4.3 DM and app loader set my settings for a two way transfer and still nothing address book snyc is fine still no outlook entries.

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: outlook calander issues

Try this:I had the same problem. Take your time it'll work out.
    On your phone look for the wrench icon, click then highlight and click Options-Advance. Then highlight service books, click and you you should see a bunch of check marks in front of various items. Each email account you have on your bb will have two entries. One CICAL and the other CMIMI. dont ask me what they mean or what the services represent, Im new to this too. LOL.
    HIghlight each CICAL entry, hit menu and then delete the entry. Leave the CMIME files, i.e. dont delete them. Do this for every CICAL entry(email account). Close out. YOu probably should do a reset or a battery pull in abcense of software reset which most units dont have. Not sure you have to d0 this, but then Im rather anal this way. Then connect your unit to desktop manager. Make sure your dm settings are the way you want them and then resync. Ive set up my manager so that I have to manually hit the sync button. This way, I can hook up my phone, and then any configuration changes I might want such as Outlook to bb rather than bb to outlook. then I start the sync. It works, but dont ask me why.
    You needn't apologize for yourself. Ive been using win mobile on an Ipaq for years and there is decided learning curve using the bb. Like any new items.
    Enjoy
    </SPAN>

livingwater no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246db591

Had similar issues. I upgraded to the most recent version of the desktop software and handheld. Do you have that? Also, try and uninstall the bb software and reinstall. Both have worked for me in the past.

Thanks for the reply stuka but that did'nt work. I'll keep searchin. And livingwater I did do a uninstall and re-install of both thanks.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and RIM they said this is a know problem and my only choice is to put the calender entries back in manually, and it may still happen again. This should be fixed in the next software package but they gave me no date.After playing around I found that If I went in to my calender on the phone opened each event one by one-saved-then deleted the old one ,re-synced and they are back on my outlook.

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Sorry it didnt work out. Sometimes you have to leave it alone for a few days, come back and try again. Clear the pipes so to speak.
    I had four email accounts on my device, with eight entries in the service book. One CICAL and one CMIME for each account. Deleting the four CICAL entries in service book, resetting the 8130, and resyncing with desktop manager then worked out.
    Shouldnt be so complicated, but then...
    Hang in there.