I'm being very anal when it comes to this, but here's the situation: I usually ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Outlook Address Book Synching and Pearl

Advertisement

I'm being very anal when it comes to this, but here's the situation:

I usually enter in new numbers in my Pearl like this - xxxxxxxxxx.
    When I enter in numbers in Outlook it automatically formats phone numbers like - (xxx) xxx - xxxx

When I synched the first time, it copied all the new contacts from my Pearl to my Outlook, and it showed up as xxxxxxxxxx but I went through it and when I clicked on the number it automatically formatted for me.

I synched it again hoping that it will fix the way it's formatted in my BB, but it doesn't. I really like how Outlook formats numbers, and my goal is to get them all (xxx) xxx - xxxx. Is there something I'm doing wrong or a configuration settings that I don't know about?

TIA!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Outlook Address Book Synching and Pearl

I'm not sure but I think this is just a programmation in outlook that just changed them to look like that and it's more esthetic than useful

I won't say it can't be made but I doubt it can be
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Thanks for the quick response! The thing is that when I synched it the first time EVER it copied all the contacts that were orinally in there like (xxx) xxx- xxxx. So right now in my Pearl I have combination of some contacts showing up as (xxx) xxx - xxxx and xxxxxxxxxx and it's just irritating. =\

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

So if that could be done you should wipe all your contact and resynch with outlook and it would probably put them all the same way

Hope this helps

Luc
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Awesome sounds like this will work, how do I wipe just my contacts?

teamangel no está en línea Stack level 1

You know you could just "edit" them in Outlook. Just go into the Contact that you want to "pretty" up and then edit the XXXXXXXXXX. I just usually delete the last digit and retype it. Outlook should format it all nice and pretty. Now my Contacts just get auto updated on my Pearl then.

Works for me anyway.

Err...I'm not editing each contact in my Pearl like that, lol.
    That's the problem I'm trying to solve though, I DO edit them in Outlook but it doesn't correct the Pearl format.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba

I have just recently used this Synching on the Pearl. I make all my changes on Outlook, then send it all to the phone. I allow Outlook to make it all "pretty up" as mentioned above... then do the synch. If I am on the go and need to add a contact, I just add it in a simple way, then fix it in Outlook when I get to the office. I do the same with my calendar.

note: in Outlook ( depending what version ) you can double click the number, then hit enter. It will automatically change the format to (xxx) xxx-xxxx. I have Outlook 2003.

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

I realize this post is ancient, but I don't see a solution, and I realized today that I’m having the same problem (though I’m very surprised to find there's someone out there as anal as I am). I don’t want it to look like this... (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Most of my numbers are XXXXXXXXXX, like they’ve always been on every phone I’ve owned since 1997. I want them all to look like that, and normally they do. I use Address Book (OS X) and most of the time it syncs correctly. But I’ve noticed that lately, some numbers are showing up the “prettier” way, while others still sync the way I want them to. Any ideas?

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

I had the same problem and spent a lot of tim prettying up my contacts in Outlook. Here's how I solved it. Open Desktop Manager (DM) and douible click on the Synchrtonize icon. Click on the Configuration tab and then click on the second function Cofigure Synch.... When the new tab opens up on the bottom right is theConfigure tab and when you click on it it will open up some options. Click on Advanced Settings and another tab opens up where you click on Conflict Resolution and then click on Outlook Wins button. Close all tabs and then run Synchroniozation now and viola you should have prettified your Pearl's cotacts. There are other options on the last tab....like Handheld wins etc. so you can customize the contacts according to your liking.
    Hope this helps (with due apologies to Rjcbr) for using his term.....

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

Wow, if this works, you are awesome. Heck, you're awesome just for replying. Thanks, I'll give it a shot!