I'm syncing my Pearl with a standalone Windows Vista machine - Outlook 2007. All the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

morgan1201 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Outlook 2007 calendar sync problem

Advertisement

I'm syncing my Pearl with a standalone Windows Vista machine - Outlook 2007. All the recurring birthdays in my Outlook Contacts are messed up after a sync - they stay correct in the Pearl but end up being a day EARLY in my Outlook calendar. I've got my synch preferences set to "Outlook wins," and I've even tried creating a filter that disallows syncing any event with "birthday" in the subject, but then the BB Desktop Mgr tries to delete ALL my birthdays from the Pearl. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my time zone - I live in AZ. I've never had this issue with any of my previous BBs - but this is the first time using Outlook 2007, too. Please HELP!! Thanks!!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/morgan/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Outlook 2007 calendar sync problem

That is strange. I use Outlook 2007 too without issue, but I don't have Vista. Is your Vista machine new to you too or did you use it and Outlook 2007 with another BlackBerry too? Could be Vista or the computer and not Outlook or the Berry.

I had the same date issue once. I reloaded a new OS on my BB and first attached it to my Laptop instead of my work machine. I hadn't realized that the date/clock on my laptop was off by one day and it forced the date on my BB to be wrong. TOTALLY strange, but as soon as I synced to my work machine all was good.

morgan1201 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Re: Outlook 2007 calendar sync problem

Hey - thanks for responding! This laptop came with Vista/Office 2007; and I've only tried to sync this BB to this machine - career change thing. I don't have another machine to try to sync it to. I couldn't find any online support for this issue on the MS support site, so I thought I'd try here. No one else must be having this problem - so frustrating!

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Did you install Desktop Manager yourself?

What I'm wondering is if you installed it correctly. Do you realize there's a different way for installing software on Vista?

First, uninstall the DM.

Next download a new copy (I recommend 4.2SP2, not 4.3 because you can't minimize it) to your desktop. Do not select "Open" when you go to download it.

Once it's downloaded right click on the file and select "Install as Admin" or something like that. This option is critical with Vista installs.

Now see if your DM will sync for you. I assume you do have Outlook working properly.

Good luck. keep me posted.

namechange no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay - so I'm new to Blackberrys and am having a problem getting Outlook 2007 Calendar to sync. The contacts will sync with no problem - but no calendar entries will sync in either direction. On the BB, I have two calendars (one for each e-mail address). Can someone tell me why? I have two e-mail addresses setup via POP to different servers, but never did anything to setup them in the calendar.

Anyone have a clue?