Id like to clean up my phones desktop by placing like apps in separate folders. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Other Folder Icons?

Advertisement

Id like to clean up my phones desktop by placing like apps in separate folders. Teh stock icons are a bit limited. Are there any 3rd party apps or otherwise that can be added.
    Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Other Folder Icons?

I'm not lucky enough to have an OS new enough to have the Create Folder feature! That said, if during the folder creation process it has an option for a folder icon, you should be able to use any icon you want as long as it's available on the device and saved as a .PNG

It's easy enough to convert an icon (or a bitmap, or a jpg) to a PNG. Just open the file in Windows native Paint application, and use File --> Save As and save it as a .PNG.

Use a standard icon size like 16x16, 32x32, or 64x64. It's not the same exactly the same thing, but I use an app called Web Shortcuts that uses PNG icons, and I have ones that are all 3 sizes and they all work fine.

Web Shortcuts: 2.1.2 - OTA - Info
    JerryD

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Very helpful, thanks. 'Any idea what folder to put the .png in for the os to "find"?

keeper22 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have tried doing this very thing with out luck, I will be interested to see if some one has a solution. Even if people knew where the file was that had the other folder icon options so I could change that. But so far no luck.

MrCmonster no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by keeper22 View Post
    I have tried doing this very thing with out luck, I will be interested to see if some one has a solution. Even if people knew where the file was that had the other folder icon options so I could change that. But so far no luck.
    I'm pretty sure they are in net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b.cod

I tried deleting that a couple weeks ago to free up some space and all my icons for the folders disappeared. I think it has all the predefined caller ID pictures and other medial as well.
    --
    When in doubt, pull the battery out.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by stuka View Post
    Very helpful, thanks. 'Any idea what folder to put the .png in for the os to "find"?
    Sorry it took so long to answer your question - somehow missed it!

Put the .PNG files on your SD card under BlackBerry\pictures.

Name them shortcut1.png (for the first shortcut), shortcut2.png, etc.

The only obnoxious thing is that when the system reboots, the shortcuts show up as little green balls with the title Web Shortcut 1, etc. Just click them to get the PNG you use to be set as the screen icon, and get the title you program in the Shortcut Hub utility.
    JerryD