Is there OTA Mobipocket reader and associated software like the file converter for desktops? So ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Question OTA Mobipocket reader

Advertisement

Is there OTA Mobipocket reader and associated software like the file converter for desktops? So that I can convert w/e file and transfer that to my BB and use the reader to open it and what not. I have BB Pearl 8100 OS 4.2.1.107. Thanks a lot guys.

PIN/ID
    N/A

Re: OTA Mobipocket reader

NVM I found it. Here it is for anyone that wants it. The Desktop Software is there too. Very useful and best of all...FREE!!!

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...ice=Blackberry

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

I installed it as well, but was disappointed as it wont read html txt or other formatsthan prc like it does on the win mobile platform. Unless there is something Im missing,but, teh libray dones not "see" those docs. That said, for reading ebooks, it works quite well and complimnets the great screen calrity of the 8130.

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

I got mobireader installed too. I uses mnybks.net quite a bit to download free mobi e-books. Though you will have to download to your pc first and then transfer the files to the e-book folder of the micro-SD

All in all, i'm quite satified with it since the site I posted have tons of cookbooks and related e-books which generally tends to be able to be useful even with a hundred years of differences in modern and past technology.

P.S. The mnybks.net site I posted also have .jar file for downloads. Anybody knows how to get that to work on the 8100?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A

i believe you have to install mobipocket creator to convert files so that they may be read by your mobipocket reader on your phone. it should be in that link i posted...search around. its a really good tool especially for students that have so much to print out and carry, like myself.

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Took me a while to figure out, you have to convert docs, pdfs etc via sync, but it works quite well. Would be nice ot be able to batch selelct multiple files for conversion, or entire folders nstead of one at a time, but ther it is. They read quite well on this screen. I have to say after years of an Ipaq, this screen though smaller is really sharp.

PIN/ID
    N/A

glad you like it

PIN/ID
    N/A

bump
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!