I just got my Pearl a couple weeks back what is the newest OS? I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

OS version???

Advertisement

I just got my Pearl a couple weeks back what is the newest OS? I went into the options and its version v4.2.0.64. Is that the newest version. If not when I download a new version does the whole phone need to be re-setup? Is there a way to back up setting and info and etc? thanks

ayecrispy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ECC9F9

Re: OS version???

hi mamatried. i recently got my pearl a few weeks also with version .64. I upgraded to .71 (cingular's os) before I did the update i had all my settings and phone book entered and i backed up my stuff on the desktop manager before doing the update. after the update i did not have to resetup anything

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey mamatried welcome to the stacks.

The newest version is the .71 off the Cingular version. The OS isn't carrier specific. So you can use any version with the pearl. If you do use that OS you will need to delete the vendor.xml file though. There are plenty of threads telling you how.

There's is a backup option in your desktop manager for your pearl. Also there a restore option too. Really easy to upgrade. It will backup and restore everything. Just a few things you will have to do yourself. Like TCP settings and few minor other things. Hope that helps.

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Sorry for all the dumb questions I'm new to BB's. What are the differences between Cingulars new version compared to whats on my phone from tmobile? Thanks for all the help.

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There is nothing different in the operating systems, however if you have tmobile and use a Cingular os you will have to delete the vendor.xml file like reddog said. And there are also some threads that explain this in detail. Hope that helps.

alcocerjo no está en línea Stack level 1

where can i get the v4.2.0.64

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by alcocerjo View Post
    where can i get the v4.2.0.64
    try here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_to_73_a.html

if the link doesn't work, i have .71 on my pc i can FTP, but that is as far as my OS's go back