Hi Stackers, Got a quick question (yes, another one , forgive me I'm a newbie) ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

OS Upgrade + slight confusion

Advertisement

Hi Stackers,

Got a quick question (yes, another one , forgive me I'm a newbie)

Just upgraded to .101 and the thing I immediately notice is that I seem to have reclaimed a considerable amount of memory. I was usually at around 15 meg, now I am at 30 (not complaining) but I just would like to know if anyone has an idea as to why the available memory would double with just an os upgrade. I backed the phone up but removed no programs and everything that was there is still there and works as expected.

... or maybe I should just count my blessings

Thanks, two weeks reading this forum and my coworkers are now coming to ME with questions. Too cool!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: OS Upgrade + slight confusion

It depends, there could have been a memory leak or depending on what apps you have installed they can cache some info into memory.

If you didn't ever clear out your content cache for you browser that also could be a reason. The upgrade only grabs the essential apps so it probably didn't transfer over all the junk you didn't need.

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    It depends, there could have been a memory leak or depending on what apps you have installed they can cache some info into memory.

If you didn't ever clear out your content cache for you browser that also could be a reason. The upgrade only grabs the essential apps so it probably didn't transfer over all the junk you didn't need.
    Hey reddog thanks,

I'll roam around the phone to see if I can figure out the cache clearing. What you said does make a great deal of sense as I do have Opera Mini and Avantgo installed, as well as several downlaoded maps.

This place is a veritable cornucopia of cognitive confluence and cerebral perspicacity (think of boxing promoter Don King and it'll make sense ).

Seriously, Thanks!!!

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Whaaaat? lol
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

If you haven't removed your unnecessary apps, you may want to do that. App Loader or Options-->Advanced Options-->Applications

You can remove the sample video and foreign language supports to free up quite a bit of memory.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.