I am having some issues backing up/upgrading the OS. I can install apps fine, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dakid21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E92319

OS upgrade/Backup errors

Advertisement

I am having some issues backing up/upgrading the OS. I can install apps fine, but for some reason I am getting these "communication errors" doing backups/OS install. I've done a battery pull a couple times now.

Any suggestions?

Screen shots:

OS Error
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...d21/error2.jpg

Backup Error

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...id21/error.jpg
    Last edited by dakid21; 02-20-2008 at 02:13 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: OS upgrade/Backup errors

dakid, while backing up watch the Transfer in Progress window. When the error pops up, what is the last thing that it is trying to back up. I had this issue with it not being able to backup my Profiles.

Anyways once you figure out which it is, You can try to trouble shoot the database of which ever is causing the problem or you can choose to do a selective backup and just skip that whole database if it's not important.

The selective backup is under advanced. Anyways figure out which database it is and then let me know. I have to go to work but I'll check up on you through the day. Good luck

dakid21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E92319

Re: OS upgrade/Backup errors

The message pops up almost immediately. It shows 'Starting Data Transfer' when the error occurs.