Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok so i recently upgraded from the t-mobile version 4.2.0.64 to the Rogers 4.2.1.94 OS ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

seth1788 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question OS Upgrade 4.2.1.94 Changes Themes?

Advertisement

ok so i recently upgraded from the t-mobile version 4.2.0.64 to the Rogers 4.2.1.94 OS on my BB 8100 Pearl and i am using the standard T-mobile ZEN Theme with the 5 icons at the bottom. well with the upgrade came a dramatic change for me. When i hit the menu button on the old version a list came up, while with the upgraded version its a whole mess of icons. is there anyway to change it back to the list format without having to go back to the older version. I totally despise the icon format in regards to the options button.

Thanks

-Seth

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: OS Upgrade 4.2.1.94 Changes Themes?

I'll put it to you this way, the ONLY way to get the menu list back for the T-Mo Zen theme is to downgrade your device software.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

really? that blows. is there any way to edit the theme so that i can get it back? haha im desperate to get this back!!! ahhhh. HELP!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Seth you can get the list menu back. I can find you a link and a how to: to get it back if you want.

Our buddy Krad, gives use a how to: on his site. http://kradest.com/ it's the March 16th entry.

You will get use to it though. I liked the list theme too, but it really wasn't worth modifying files, since every time you upgrade you have to do it again.

Hope this helps
    ~red

ok looks good, but I went to krad's site but the link to download the files to get the zen list theme back on is not working... any further advice red? it looks like this would work if i could download it...

PIN/ID
    STACK

Oh I forgot...he's doing some upkeep on his site. Not sure when he'll get things back up.

Other than that... I don't have anything else....sorry.

hmmmmm could you possible direct me to a site or something that would have those same flies up for download? i may have found the Javaloader but im not sure if it works or how it works. im gunna try to find that other file now. that contains my desired theme...see how it goes. your help is greatly appreciated.

hmmm. i just spent about 1 and a half hours tryin to edit the blackberry.alx file and copying files from the old version into the build for the new version. still no luck. if anything i probably screwed stuff up. hahaha. its really gettin irritating, and i still have these icons...

PIN/ID
    STACK

Sorry man, trust me the icons work just fine. You get more apps on the screen anyways. Just going to have to wait till Krad puts the files back up, or downgrade. Sorry.

rebels no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the old ZEN files allowing you to go back to the older style menus just like before the update.

PM me and I can e-mail you the file until I upload it. It took me 3 minutes to convert it back to the older style.

Note: When I installed another program using Desktop Manager, it took me back to the old theme and I had to reload it.

I'm trying to find an option where the DM doesn't touch the themes.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Unless you got the old version installed by modifying the blackberry.alx file and putting the old version Cod file in the java folder, each time you try to use apps loader you are going to remove it.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, this is how I got the old theme on there. I downloaded the two files: JavaLoader.exe and net_rim_theme_100_240x260_b.cod.

This is how it was added on there:

1. Download and Extract the contents of the zip below to your c:
    2. Connect your blackberry pearl to your computer while desktop manager is not running.
    3. Open a command prompt window.
    4. get to c: by cd\ or C:
    5. type "javaloader.exe -usb erase -f net_rim_theme_100_240x260_b.cod" (This will remove the tmobile zen theme from the pearl.
    6. Your pearl will reboot. When the pearl comes back on.
    7. Type "javaloader.exe -usb load net_rim_theme_100_240x260_b.cod (the file should then upload and reboot)
    8. Type exit on cmd.. you are done.

Is there a way I can change it so when I add new programs it doesn't touch my theme?

Ahk10 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F1C01F

wait... all the themes i downloaded will not work if i upgrade ?

PIN/ID
    STACK

No the TMO Zen theme changes with the newer OSs. It use to list the applications, now they are icons.

Although you may have to download your custom themes again. Not sure I don't use custom themes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast