Hi all, just a little query just had my pearl, oh man what a phone. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bazz7777777 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question OS update query ??

Advertisement

Hi all,
    just a little query just had my pearl, oh man what a phone. My question is the phone was on O2 but has been unlocked and i am now using a Vodaphone sim, if i update the OS do i put O2 OS on or do i put Vodaphone OS, and by updating the OS would the unlocked phone revert back to being locked to O2

thanks guys

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    i recall reading a post that said, once unlocked... there is no way you can lock the phone again. so don't worry. also, it is safe to use other provider's OS's other than your own. for example, i have a vodaphone start up screen, but i loaded the latest rogers OS on it. it works fine! hope that is what you were asking.
    ...always tinkering...

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    use any os from any carrie, just search your computer for the vendor.xml file after the os is installed and delete it!will work flawlessly hope this helps

bazz7777777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks guys, wow what a forum never known such speedy responce, use to have a symbian and there forums you have to wait about a week and then if your lucky, it feels great to be in the blackberry family now

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats how we roll dawg! Lol JK...welcome to tha stacks! (I really don't talk like that btw)