I upgraded my 8100 last night to Tmo .107 and am currently upgrading my wife's ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Eagle_R no está en línea Stack level 2

OS Update Process - Waiting for device initialization problem

Advertisement

I upgraded my 8100 last night to Tmo .107 and am currently upgrading my wife's 8100. Last night's upgrade went flawlessly. I was almost done with my wife's upgrade when an error popped up stating that it has lost connection to the device. After clicking OK, it restarted the "Wait for Device Initialization" process. USB cable is still connected between the phone and the PC but there is no indicator on the phone that shows that it is connected.

On the phone, the setup wizard window popped up. I looked in options > about and it states that the os is .107.

Should I cancel out of the update since the phone is no longer connected? I'm afraid it might brick the phone?

Should I just repeat the upgrade process from the top?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've had this happen to me too on the same model. You can safely disconnect and reconnect the phone since there's no apparent connection to the PC. Then attempt the upgrade again. You're safe unless you have a corrupted OS upgrade which happens from time to time. If it doesn't recognize the phone on the second attempt, then I would uninstall and reinstall the OS to your PC.

Eagle_R no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks. I did it prior to reading your post...just took the chance...if it did get bricked and I couldn't restore it, I can just get her the Curve...she wanted to upgrade anyway.

It was recognized the 2nd time and it started the upgrade process again. However, it immediately ended. Showed the 'your phone has been upgraded' message but also showed an error that the restore was not done. No biggie. Just did it manually.